Remembering Danny

by purplesofa 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Thanks. Okay, I'll share this with you:

Bill, my step-dad, had already tried once. Thankfully an overdose of Xanex doesn't kill it just makes you very sleepy for 3 days. I worked nights back then and had lunch with him 2 or 3 time a week. Long story short, I knew he'd do it again. He was looking for a reason, no matter what I said, however I cajoled, used logic, anything and everything in my bag and it just bounced off.

One day he came over, bewailing his decision to spend his money down to care for his wife who had Alzheimers (despite the fact I had found him an attorney who arranged to have Medicare pay for the exact same bed, he insisted on using his own money).

Finally I had enough and for the first time, I really got angry with him and told him we would do what the attorney had recommended.

He hung his head, and shuffled out my front door.

He went to Academy Sports and bought a gun, went home and shot himself.

Bill was looking for a reason, and I stupidly provided it.

As I say, it's a helluva thing to live with.

And so, please know my heart goes out to you.

Chris

• dawg
    dawg

I hope that things get better purple... Please accept my condolences...

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Purps,

I am so sorry! It takes a long time to get over someone's death, no matter how it

happens, but when it is a suicide it is even worse. My heart goes out to you, Dear.

Big Tex,

How awful that you knew it would happen and could do nothing. That must be a huge

burden. When people decide to do anything, we cannot stop them. I hope you have

reconciled yourself to that.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Danny's suicide brought us closer together.

Forgive me, especially if you don't feel comfortable sharing online, but how did it bring you closer together?

Chris

• hubert
    hubert

((((((Purps)))))

Hubert

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Big Tex

Forgive me, especially if you don't feel comfortable sharing online, but how did it bring you closer together?

I have typed out three times and lost the post more intimate details of my stepdads suicide. So, I think I will take it as some kind of something and not post it.

But I will answer your question.

It has brought me and my siblings closer together and our kids. There was so much blame thrown around with my stepdads suicide, so many unanswered questions, so much confusion. I know I educated myself about suicide, went to grief counselling with my stepdads suicide and took my four sons that were close to him.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

big tex,

I kid you not, i have tried five times to post what i want to say to you and every time there is some sort of error.

Apparently it is not to be made public.

so I will pm you.

purps

• hubert
    hubert

Purps, I am having almost the same problem with my reply. I tried to correct my formating, and got an error message twice.

But, not on this thread.

Hubert

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hubert

Purps, I am having almost the same problem with my reply. I tried to correct my fromating, and got an error message twice.

Hubert

Thanks for letting me know, I was getting a bit of the heebie jeebies!!!

purps

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have typed out three times and lost the post more intimate details of my stepdads suicide. So, I think I will take it as some kind of something and not post it.

I've been on this board over 6 years. Can I tell you how many times that has happened to me?!

It's all good. If it helps, I did find resolution and peace about it. The scar remains, as I'm sure it does with you.

One day, after death, I might very well meet up with him again. Who knows? If I do I will be torn between wanting to hug him and wanting to punch him out.

Be well,

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit