How many of us are on the JW dating sites......

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

I thought maybe the GB got one thing right. That is stating that only spiritually weak brothers and sisters would go on those sites. However, to my shagrin....almost everyone I met was quite strong in the Organization, but just wanted more friends. So now I am just kinda dormant on the site. Every now and again I will get a message. What have been some of your experiences. PS.............what about JWConnect, I loved that site,but it has been down forever?

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Jesus! I can't think of anything more horrible than to date/marry a JW.

Then again, I've always felt this. Even when I was still a believer.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I never realised there was sites like that.....

h4o

• serendipity
    serendipity

I was on some of the sites. I know that I asked for my jwmatch profile to be removed. I don't know about the others....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I never posted a profile on the JW dating sites...just browsed... I did notice a few years ago that after there was a big talk at the DC that all the "legit" JW dating sites (meaning ones run by actual JWs) started posting notices that they were shutting down the sites or selling them or whatever because of the counsel at the DC,...

so much for singles stuck out in rural Kansas ever finding someone.... they better hope they dont quit quick builds and assemblies...

Snakes ()

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

I bet you that what also might have promted the sell-off after the DC talk....was how hard it would be to run an actuall JW site. Here's why.....Dating is somewhat primal...girl-guy, out and about...Never mind sex...just when two people risk so much for so much...it is hard for it to end up pure...clean and sanitized if things do not work long term. Dating really is about the individuals. Which is harder to control. A nice person can date a nice person, but in the end they both walk away knowing it will not work long term. However some individuals can not behave in such a way. So the Society then gives the counsel they always give.........."If something can go wrong, then base the counsel on the fact it will go wrong." Everybody can not do it becauce some dunce can not act mature.......Food at the proper time, thank you Jehovah.

• XOCO
    XOCO

lol I've browsed on the jw dating site...and this is what happen to jw connect.com

For personal reasons we can no longer run this site. If you were a paying member when the site went down and would like a refund, we would be happy to give it to you. Simply email us here with your 2checkout information.

If you wish for the money to get to you faster, we can always buy you a Starbucks gift card and have them ship it to you instead. This way you can treat all those hard working pioneers during the much loved break! When you ask for the refund, just include your shipping address so Starbucks can ship it to you.

I cant believed that they would type up something like this

X

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

XOCO:

This way you can treat all those hard working pioneers during the much loved break!

Please tell me you made up that part?

• XOCO
    XOCO

Jeffro:

I really wished i made that part up see 4 yourself here

X

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Can I say "" again? And they can't spell "monkeys"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit