Loneliness

by B_Deserter 36 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I wasn't sure I was ready for it, but I did it anyway...I put out a personal ad. I've gotten a few responses, but nothing seems promising yet. I get the feeling that internet dating is more about quantity than quality, but I think that's what I need right now. Growing up as a JW you can't really go on a real, actual DATE date with anybody because you either need to be in a group or bring a chaperone. I want to experience that, even if it's a bad date.

Other than the internet, I just have no idea how I'm going to meet people. I hate bars and clubs because I'm not a dancer and I'm very self-conscious. For those of you who managed to find a love life after the organization, how did you do it?

• Mandette
    Mandette

B,

I think the best thing is to just be patient. I KNOW that's very difficult. Be very CAUTIOUS with the internet dating,. Lots of very nice people on those sites but also quite a few nutbags.

Just go out and have fun. Get to know the ones you work with more. You never know who has a friend or sibling to introduce you to.

Hang in there and when you least expect it......BAM!

Mandette

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I wasn't sure I was ready for it, but I did it anyway...I put out a personal ad. I've gotten a few responses, but nothing seems promising yet. I get the feeling that internet dating is more about quantity than quality, but I think that's what I need right now. Growing up as a JW you can't really go on a real, actual DATE date with anybody because you either need to be in a group or bring a chaperone. I want to experience that, even if it's a bad date.

Other than the internet, I just have no idea how I'm going to meet people. I hate bars and clubs because I'm not a dancer and I'm very self-conscious. For those of you who managed to find a love life after the organization, how did you do it?

I really can't tell you from any personal experience of mine, I am married. But I would think that getting involved in group activities that interest you might be a good way to meet other people. BTS

• *summer*
    *summer*

Be very CAUTIOUS with the internet dating,. Lots of very nice people on those sites but also quite a few nutbags.

Totally agree!

Perhaps you are too focused on "meeting" someone.

Just go about your daily activities. Better yet, join new activities.

Try not to be so self conscious { I know...easier said than done:-}

Relax and allow life to happen. You may be surprised at how good things happen when you least expect it:-)

Good luck~

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

First off.........

RELAX

Join your local health club

A public facility is best

Learn to play Tennis

Tennis does require a partner

You don't need to go to bars and clubs

Important thing is to get out and meet people

Start taking some classes

Help yourself and you get to meet people

Don't be in a big hurry

It will happen if you let it, when least expected

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

...is such a sad affair.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wherever you are, practice talking to people, especially the ladies. If you see a potential, start talking within a few seconds. That will keep her from having time to form any impressions about you.

S

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Loneliness,

Dont wait, and yes do start talking to everyone, anywhere, anytime. If you see someone you like just go up and start talking to them, some of them will look at you weird, but SFW.

Do personals, do chat rooms, go to bars, go to the grocery store. Just get out and meet.

If your shy, have a drink or valium, and then go and talk to the ladies. They dont call it liquid courage for nothing.

Good luck.

DJ_Q

• beksbks
    beksbks

B_Deserter,

Don't look at internet dating as desperate, look at it as the way of the future. How are people going to meet each other these days? We work in cubicles, use the self check out at the grocery store, the library, and the gas station, many do not go to church, and in general people are waiting long past high school to get serious. I know at least three couples who got together this way, and have done well. I have also heard a few horror stories, but you hear those from people who met in traditional ways all the time.

Have fun.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

watch the Video the "Secret",its a documentery on the Law of Attraction.Its worth watching and will help with your quest.

P.S it does work because i am 33 and retired!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit