I just heard from one of the reporters concerning the KH suicide bombing

by Lady Zombie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I'll just start a new thread.

I e-mailed Brian Burnes at the Kansas City Star [email protected] and he responded...

Sir or Madam,

Thank you for writing. I'n getting a lot of emails on this matter, but I am not familiar with the Jehovah's Witnesses community in Missouri. Would you have any recommendations of people whom I could contact? Thanks, Brian Burnes, KC STAR

In my original e-mail, I had given him freeminds.org, silentlambs.org, and sixscreens. He's wanting someone to contact here in Missouri. I'm going to explain to him that it doesn't matter if it's Missouri or Minnesota, JWs and JW congregations are under the control and leadership of the WTBTS.

Who should I give him as a contact? Please give me your suggestions so I can compile a list of people for him.

Like Randy from freeminds, etc? Who are the SuperApostates in the ex-JW community?

Or, if you want to talk to him yourself, I gave his e-mail addy at the top.

• Tara
    Tara

What about Stilla? Didn't he say he knew people there?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm a newspaper editor and writer in Vermont. I've been used as background for the AP, NBC news and by other newspapers. Would be glad to offer this reporter help from a former JW elder.

S4

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good grief - I thought that we were trying to keep stilla out of this for identity security!

You know what occurs to me? - maybe we are making too big a deal out of getting all the gory details as quickly as possible.

It will all come out in due time, and we don't have to look like gossip hounds. All churches harbor a few nuts in the tree, and this is not going to be much of a PR mark if we also look like nuts ourselves.

Just my opinion...

• undercover
    undercover
    All churches harbor a few nuts in the tree, and this is not going to be much of a PR mark if we also look like nuts ourselves.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Sure, we know how f'd up the JW religion is, but if "we" (ex members) go around and use every negative thing that happens to them as a soapbox to try publicize all the shit about them, it just looks like some disgruntled people have an axe to grind.

Anyone...JW or not...who resorts to suicide has/had some issues that go beyond just being of a certain religion. It's sad that this man wasn't helped before he got to the point of this kind of desperation. I feel for his family, as I've had family members committ suicde.

• Tara
    Tara
    What about Stilla? Didn't he say he knew people there?

Sorry. I was thinking along the vein of Watergate and Deep Throat.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

James-

I'm not planning on trying to get Silla involved in any way. His reticence to identify himself made it clear that he doesn't want involvement.

And like I had said on the other thread, when I initially contacted the reporter, I approached it by not singling out this one incident (out of respect for the deceased's family) but rather how the WTBTS is a destructive influence in peoples' lives and how suicide as a result of it is not unheard of. I stated how my goal was not to encourage the media to report the lurid details of the man who committed suicide, that it was a tragedy, etc.

If Stilla contacts the reporter anonymously like I did, that will be his decision based his own discretion.

I just would like to give the reporter some names of some credible apostates if he should want to contact someone.

Again, I don't want the man's family to be put in the limelight. I want the WTBTS to be put in the limelight.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Or, I can just drop it by not contacting the reporter again.

Apparently I haven't been the only one contacting this reporter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The reporter is looking for his own angle. The closer he is to "local" the better. Seeker4 sounds like a great choice. Have patience, Lady Zombie. People are listening. It might just take a while for action.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Since the jws are claiming this guy was unbalanced, how about referring the reporter to Dr. Jerry Bergman? I haven't been able to find any contact information for him on line, but the reporter may be able to find him. Does anyone know how to reach Bergman?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit