How do I find my old friend?

by Fishbulb 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Freedom2003
    Freedom2003

I have a similar situation with a friend from youth. I owe her an apology, but I don't know her married name, just her maiden name.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Freedom, have you tried www.classmates.com or www.reunion.com? When ladies sign up for those they let you put both your married AND maiden name (after all, none of your old school buddies would know you by your married name). Perhaps she is on one of those!

• Fishbulb
    Fishbulb

Update: Okay. Progress has been made but I haven't found Byron yet. If you recall, the three friends I met during the relief work were Dustin, Marlene and the guy I am trying to find, Byron. I opened up accounts on Facebook and Myspace, placed an ad in the missing connections on Craigslist for southern Florida and finally bit the bullet an paid for a 24 hour pass to do as many people searches. Yesterday, using the people search site I subscribed to, I tracked down Marlene. She and her husband Brady had moved to New Jersey. They had moved there 10 years ago because of his job and Marlene had planned on volunteering as a dental assistant at Bethel. They are both still Witnesses and, for the sake of keeping my search going, I had to pretend I was still in the Borg to get a bit of information out of her. Under the guise of reminiscing I was able to confirm Byron's last name, his parents names, and his last known whereabouts. With that info, I ran a people search. I got a number that didn't work, but along with that I got the number to his parents house using the info Marlene gave me. Well now the next step. I am gonna have to call Byron's dad, as his mother passed away a while back, and tryi to get him to give me his gay-disfellowshipped son's phone number. Piece of cake.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I think you would have better luck, pretending to be a bill collector.

Or better yet, have some girl call, and tell dad you need to tell his son about the baby you two just had.

Just a girl calling would be better, pretend from school, and a reunion thing etc... Give me time, it will be a piece of cake.

• Fishbulb
    Fishbulb

Yes, as I was trying to concoct a plan I realized it would be best if I left religion out of it. That worked with Marlene but since this is his father, who may still be very hurt by his son not being a witness, might not be in the proper frame of mind to give out info if some random "witness" called asking about his disfellowshipped son. If it's all kept secular it simplifies everything.

• Fishbulb
    Fishbulb

Guys, I FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!!! He and his partner are fine and still living in Miami. The updates will come soon enough but he sounds and looks the same as the last time I saw him. So wonderful, just so so wonderful. If I get permission from him I will post the pics of him and of his husband. MY GOD that was a bitch to do but I honestly thought it would be a little harder. lolol

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

GREAT News!!!

What a good feeling to right an old wrong.

Somehow with all the JWD drama during the past two days, your thread got buried pretty quickly.

Congrats. I bet he was surprised and happy to hear from you. Look forward to more details.

-Aude.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Fishbulb, that's so cool! Congrats!

• dawg
    dawg

This was one of the most refreshing posts I've read in ages.... I hope it all works out for you, but at least you have a friend!

• Fishbulb
    Fishbulb

Talked to him again tonight. It's really weird because it's as if no time has passed and we picked up right where we left off. His partner is a really cool guy and very understanding, not minding at all that Byron is on the phone with me catching up. I have told my fiance about it all. I was very apprehensive to mention anything as I did not know how he would take it. Well, suffice it to say that We already had a trip planned in October to go to Orlando. My Partner suggested they drive up from Miami and meet us in central Florida. What is happening? This is a little too surreal and I am loving every minute of it! During our conversation I explained to Byron that I didn't want another minute of my life to pass without his friendship in my life and he just plainly said I would never have to worry about that ever again. I apologized over and over again for not being there for him when he needed me and he forgave me repeatedly explaining that he understood where I was at the time mentally. He said he never held it against me. MY GOD I NEVER DREAMED IT WOULD TURN OUT SO WELL I am so damned happy that I shall curl up tonight and fall asleep watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" A happy ending indeed, but it appears that this is just the beginning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit