I AM THE HEAD OF MY HOUSE! (wife says its OK)

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

There’s little else in life that is more ludicrous than a pompous JW.

Correction. There is little else in life that is more ludicrous than a pompous male JW. Especially one of the elder variety, one of those guys what tell people what to do.

Think about it, it just isn’t natural for a man to be The Head Of The House . That’s why elders are always making such complete asses of themselves with their stupid directives that are unworkable to any normal person.

Take any well-run household, and I guarantee that most of the decisions are actually made by the woman of the house. She doesn’t have the same pride agenda as the average male, she just wants for her family to be well provided for and hopefully to all be happy as well. In real life the male just has some control over the finances, house maintenance and the things that his wife doesn’t care to deal with, and as a result the household will run reasonably smoothly. A bit like a pride of lions, what?

Now compare this to a newly converted dub who has been told that he is now The Head Of The Household. Straight away he makes a total prat of himself by sticking his nose into matters that are none of his business., matters that have been run well for years without his interference. He insists that he is consulted on everything by everyone. He insists on having The Final Say. He is de head, de baas!

The worst part is that his once capable wife must now assume a passive and silent role as the great oaf imposes his will on his newly subservient family. A once united couple can actually become divided by headship, he has the niggling feeling that he isn’t coping terribly well, she knows it but must push those feelings right back down, so as not to be seen as behaving un-submissively.

The WTBTS with its great imbalanced male / female ratio has succeeded once more in pushing it’s busy-body nose into other people private lives, a bunch of silly old men who probably couldn’t even work out how to boil an egg.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Englshman,

I wander who is the head of the house when your wife beat the crap out of you?

• joelbear
    joelbear

I rule from the bottom.

Joel

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

My wife is da hed of da house. I say its okay.
    She works too. I dont.
    Keep those women in their place.

• wytchwomyn
    wytchwomyn

awwww Fred...are you on the receiving end of spousal abuse?...~W~

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fred,

One more crack like that about my wife and I shall come and beat the shit out of you, you fucking snotty little turd.

Englishman.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Englishman,

Oh Meow Meow

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

E'Man,

Head of the Household! My experience is that behind every pompous elder is often an even more pompous elders wife working the buttons.

You are perfectly correct though, a trail of damage has been left by elders who in their newly esconced positions, feel that they are experts on any subject covered by a two page Awake article.

HS

• target
    target

Englishman:

<<In real life the male just has some control over the finances>>
    Really? In the thirty five years that we have been married, even the thirty years in the borg, my husband never looked at the finances. It was a headache he didn't want. He never 'ruled' the household like some brothers, thank goodness.
    I knew a sister who's JW husband checked for dust with a white glove, even on the window sills. She was not allowed to use the car for shopping. She had to carry the groceries home. Another brother did not allow his wife into the kitchen until she was dressed. No bathrobes in the kitchen! I figured that what those sisters needed was a good baseball bat.

Target

• Englishman
    Englishman

HS,

Could be, could be....

Englishman cooling down after encountering simian being earlier, sorry folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit