How much of a role in Brainwashing did the songs actually play?

by KW13 18 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Those haunting words...those out of tune dubs...wailing...moanin...then i wake up :P lol i am kidding, but i remember 'snippets' of a lot of songs, all of which focused on me being submissive (for example song number 8, my favourite as a child dub). does singing help brainwash sheep?

• dinah
    dinah

Kwin, I'm sure that's the purpose of them writing their own maladies.

It's strange that even after being out over 20 years I can still remember some of them. I hate it when they get stuck in my head.

• megs
    megs

I'll bet it contributes... Listening to music uses the right hemisphere of your brain (the creative side), this could potential cause the rational side of your brain to lose focus. Sooo... they play the pretty music, your brain is focused on the pretty sounds and you don't really focus in on the repetitive lyrics, although they are being programmed in your brain!!!!!

Umm, I kind of sound like a conspiracy theorist with that one, but I still think it might have some merit!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Please, get it straight. It's not "brainwashing." It's "mind control" and "manipulation."

There is a difference.

Now, to answer, the music played a huge role in getting everyone all inspired and ready to take in the spiritual poison of Jehovah's poisonous table.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

neeh na neeh naa na neeh everlasting life at last
    At a funeral is a killer!
    Lets nt 4get 125 'like bees molested' being my fave line

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Kingdumb Maladies were a support to the boasting sessions, primarily to help induce a hypnotic trance in people so the boasting sessions could have more of an effect. At home, they went along with study sessions to enhance the effectiveness (and so that people would not listen to real music).

For me, that did not work. The "music" (as if that sxxx could qualify as music) would only work if I believed in the crap message. Once I saw discrepencies between the message in the maladies and the real life experiences I was actually having, I came to positively detest those songs. As for making me more submissive, that did no more good than Elton John's song Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting did to get me to drink and fignt.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am sure it plays a big role. Getting a group to participate in a common activity is a strong indoctrination technique. The Army will get a bunch of guys to sing in cadence to help them focus. Music plays a big role in many people's lives and even if they suck at singing, the expression is good for the individual.

• gloobster
    gloobster

The main thing I've learned from listening to Jehovah's Witnesses sing in large groups is that large groups of Jehovah's Witnesses can not sing for sh*t!

I think by singing to the awful but rather strangely hypnotic Kingdom Songs, you don't really think about what you are saying, but the words are nevertheless driven into your head. And there they sit and putrify. I too have remembered them after not hearing them for 15 years.

Actually I came by an old "Sing Praises to Jehovah" songbook the other day, and am working on programming song 13, the official dunking song, into my midi sequencing program, adding some drum loops and some other effects, possibly with death metal/gangsta rap/polka influences. I'll keep you updated on the progress. I just started tonight, and am making good progress so far.

• KungFu
    KungFu

Yeah. That was a weird line "like bees that were molested". I could see a bee on Dateline. "He touched me on the bottom of my stinger. Bzzzz. Bzzzzz."

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

My ex jw friend and I were just talking about this the other day and laughing about many of the lyrics still embedded in our heads! I think they played a part for sure, in brainwashing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit