Anyone had a tooth Implant?

by The-Borg 29 Replies latest jw friends

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Are they as good as they make out, any drawbacks to having one?

I'm thinking of getting my crown replaced with one but wonder if the £3000 ($6000) is worth it.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I did about a decade ago. A filing cracked, allowing decay to resume in a tooth, causing me to lose it. I haven't had any problems with the implant, and I highly recommend the procedure.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm not there yet, but my mom has had no problems with hers and it has acted like a natural tooth.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

My Dad has had several, and they look like natural teeth. They even colored them a little so that they would match his existing teeth.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Do you have to water them?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Love the fact that it is only old gits that have them……..

What does that tell ya Borgy…..???

• amama2six
    amama2six

I have a fake tooth...I cracked one of my front teeth in half when I tripped on the curb and went face first into the cement (no hands!). And no, I wasn't drunk...just ask the officer that was about to let me ride with him to drive my friend's stolen car back to her house from the gas station it was abandoned at. SHE was drunk. LOL He didn't see me fall and thought I had gotten the crap beat out of me when I went to my house to tell my oldest daughter I'd be right back. Boy was that fun...

Anyway...it couldn't be salvaged so they filed it down to a scary looking little point and fitted me with a fake. Both my front teeth used to be crooked, now only one is because they made the fake one look straight for me. I've contemplated breaking the other one in half, too, so I can have a straight smile for the first time since my adult teeth came in. I've had no problems with it so far...took a lot of trips to the dentist but all in all it was worth it!

Oh, and I'm not old. hehehe

• amama2six
    amama2six

Wait, is mine still considered a "crown". Heck if I know...

• The-Borg
    The-Borg
    Wait, is mine still considered a "crown". Heck if I know...

Yeh, that is a crown. My crown is falling out due to an absess. An implant is a tooth screwed in to the bone. I lost my tooth when I was 14, I fell over ice skating with my first serious girlfriend. Fell flat on my face and broke my tooth clean in half. She dumped me a week later, never been ice skating since. I'm not an old git either Mr Majesto is just a toss pot.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    so they filed it down to a scary looking little point

Or what the rest of us who aren’t the living dead would call.... fangs…..!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit