SO WHAT ABOUT BRETT FAVRE THEN

by tijkmo 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• knock knock
    knock knock

Those packer backers sure didn't come out to support him did they! More like backing away from the guy. Weird situation.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

One of the best. Just keep him away from the smack.

Kwin

• Preston
    Preston

He is..... a crybaby.

P.S. - Shouldn't you be more interested in Footie Tij?

- Preston

• carla
    carla

This cheesehead will chime in- He has been doing this for years! Will he or won't he retire? the press would go on for half a year talking about it and the Packers could not make trades until he made his decision. So when he finally said he just didn't have it in him anymore, ok, your hearts not in it thanks for the memories he's the hometown hero. He didn't feel wanted? give me a break! He has a whole damn state that treats Brett as a god. You literally cannot go anywhere in WI without seeing # 4 somewhere. The fan adulation could not be more! Every year the waiting game would start and every radio/tv station would have the 'tractor watch' would he or wouldn't he? At some point the team had to move on. Who is responsible for his retiring? Only he could make that decision. An interesting note that has not been covered by the media is Buss Cook, his agent was also Randy Moss' agent and that is what seems to have precipitated Brett's unhappiness with the Packers mgmt. Meaning the fact that the Pack would not sign Moss and Brett was very unhappy about that and felt the mgmt didn't care about his opinion. How many quarterbacks in the NFL get to hand pick the team?

On the other hand, he is obviously the player he is and deserves the respect for his talent. His fan appreciatiion also fuels a good bit of commerce in and out of WI. I wonder what all the vendors who have invested in his autograph will do? There are those who love him only in a Packer uniform and those who love him no matter what uniform he wears and for the love of the game. Time will tell, 24 hours according to the 10:00 news! We shall see what 'Brett of our Lives' has to say tommorrow, stay tuned.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

so what? The man was past his prime, and had one lightning strike season last year. Aside from being the most over rated quaterback in NFL, this guy just needs to move on over and let better quarterback take over.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

i just had to get my 10 cents on this topic. But I really believe that the worst thing that could happen would be if the cheeseheads tooks sides. If they remain neutral and understand that no one wins then I think the Packers will be fine. The fans need to know that this is not the GM's fault nor the coaching staffs fault nor is it Aaron Rodgers fault, hell he was drafted, what else was he going to do. Just don't take sides Packer Nation!

• Gopher
    Gopher

From west of the border, I'm seeing a lot of confusion and disorder in Packer-land. I heard star running back Ahman Green was holding out for more money, seeing that the team will be relying on him a LOT more now that the inexperienced quarterback is taking the reins.

My question is, what if new QB Rodgers goes down with a serious injury in the first couple of weeks -- what's the Packers' plan then?

I think this disarray will open up an opportunity for the Vikings to win the NFC North this year, seeing the impressive free agent signings they had.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    P.S. - Shouldn't you be more interested in Footie Tij?

haha absolutely.

i dont even know who brett favre is...i just saw that american comentators were getting their panties in a bunch (is that the right expression) so i figured it must be veeeeeery important.

good time of year for sport in the uk cos all the real sports are happening right now - cricket football rugby - and the ryder cup just around the corner.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

HOW BOUT THEM BOYS!!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Brett Favre is the Dennis Lillee of cricket.

He is the Billy Boston of rugby.

I don't know who the hell those people are. I just looked it up. To set a good example for YOU. ahahahaha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit