Out of Body Experiences

by amama2six 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tak
    tak

I haven't but my late hubby did. I remember once, when we were first married, we were in our apartment and he was sleeping on the couch and I was in the kitchen washing up. You cannot see the kitchen from the couch. Steve said he got up off the couch, came into the kitchen and started talking to me, I completely ignored him, he got mad and walked out of the kitchen and walked into the living room and saw himself sleeping on the couch. Immediately woke up.

He had several other episodes like this. His mom and sister had the same type of experiences too.

• amama2six
    amama2six

How interesting! I didn't realize what I was doing when I did it, either, it seemed completely natural to me at the time. I remember being jolted back to my body on a few occasions, though, when my stepmother apparently noticed I was in my seat "spacing out" and shook my arm. It's that "falling out of bed" feeling a lot of people get when first falling asleep...in some recent reading I've done about OOB experiences they say that feeling is actually a person beginning the OOB process but getting scared before it is complete and jumping back into their body. I never tried to talk to anyone while out of it, though.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to do it at will? Say at a job interview, look over the interviewer's shoulder, at their notes to see how you are doing, lol.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

That's really an unusual experience, i;m a little skeptical. You aure it wasn't your imagination? You said you were a child, maybe just daydreaming and snapping back into reality? Come on, I'm not the only one thinking this.... Not that these things dont happen, its just like "oh, uh, ok"

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

That's really an unusual experience, i;m a little skeptical. You aure it wasn't your imagination? You said you were a child, maybe just daydreaming and snapping back into reality? Come on, I'm not the only one thinking this.... Not that these things dont happen, its just like "oh, uh, ok"

• amama2six
    amama2six

Well if it was then I had a very good imagination...as I can tell you what the KH I went to looks like from the ceiling. Also, we would sit toward the back and I could tell you what was going on at the front of the hall...out of my physical sight if I hadn't left my body.

I also watched myself being raped from the third person perspective by my pedophile foster father using this method...so if it was "childhood imagination" I'm glad I had such a good one because it spared me the added horror of being in my own body for the abuse!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Out of body experiences happen!

I have been out of my body as a child...and as an adult (but far less frequently)

Its interesting to try and experiment by going and looking at certain things whilst out of your body, then going to check if you were right or not.

Sirona

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Was I demonized, crazy, or did I just have a unique way of coping with the immense stress bestowed on me at the time?

I would say both B and C.

• amama2six
    amama2six

I did that Sirona...and I was right, too.

jstalin...ummmm...thanks? hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit