Are You a Night Owl?

by compound complex 35 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I feel at my best and do my best at night ...

How about you?

Thanks,

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

Goodness no! I am ready for bed around 10;00 or 11;00.

I feel at my best and do my best in the early morning hours.

The early bird catches the worm:-)

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Oh summer.. what an enigma you are!

I am my best in the evening. I usually feel tired until about 6ish and then I get a second wind. I do my best homework in the nighttime hours.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely - though as I have aged I have become less so - still not a morning person though

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I am def a night owl!!! I can stay up all night and sleep all day!! I really should have a third shift job, but with kids, you can't.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Definitely a night owl here!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I like to sleep in. I am best after lunchtime. If I am not careful, I stay up too late. I don't enjoy staying up and getting too little sleep due to my age. My ideal schedule would be staying up to 11 or 12 and then getting up by 9 or 10. I can't sleep after 10 usually and at my age, I feel like naps are wasting my life away and I'm missing too much. So, unless I am exhausted, I don't sleep once I'm up.

My doctor says that people in Spain and Italy sleep until 8 or 9 in the morning. They go in to work later. Take longer lunches with feasting, sometimes dancing and often a nap. They work later into the evening, but go home and feast and visit with family and friends and stay up later. He says they are far less stressed than Americans and have much less heart disease and other types of stress related illness.

I always loved this song, though getting up at 12 noon is too late for me:

"We get up at 12 and start to work at 1, take an hour for lunch then at two we're done. Jolly good fun! Ha ha ha. Ho ho ho. And a couple of tra la la's. That's how we laugh the day away in the merry old Land of Oz. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BM-531NQpw&feature=related

• yknot
    yknot

Yes I prefer the night..... but being an adult forces me to be a morning person more and more......

But oh the serenity of the 2 am hour.........

• StAnn
    StAnn

Hoot, hoot, hoot, Night Owl here!

My husband says I can't go to sleep until the crack of dawn.

My circadian rhythms have always been completely backward.

It takes hours for my brain to wake up. I don't think I'm ever really aware of anything I do before 12 noon!

StAnn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

St. Ann, speaking of circadians, mine are backwards, too. I lived in Hawaii for 9 months. They are five and six hours behind the east coast depending on daylight savings time. It gets dark earlier there and the sun comes up early. The sun is bright like the gulf coast. I found it very easy to be a morning person there. *Sigh*.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit