Faded away about 4 years ago

by SurfsUp 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sadfox
    sadfox

Hello,

I was a witness from age 2 to 36. My parents are still witnesses, dad was an elder until recent heart problems forced him to step down. I am now 43, divorced and my 17 year old is a baptized witness and my 15 year old plans to be. Because of the faith difference they chose to live with their dad. Two years ago I joined a different faith, simply because it made me feel closer to God, closer that I ever have.

So, I hear from my parents once a year. My oldest girl will stop coming over in two months when she is 18. I have had trouble the past few year making friends. So I am alone 95% of the time when I am not at work. I have been through depression, 5 years ago considered suicide. But know that is not the answer. So I am working through it with a couple of really good friends.

I do not want to really bash the witnesses. All of my family are witnesses and no matter what I love them. Not too mention the guilt factor, I am still struggling with that.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all. Would appreciate any encouragement.

• only me
    only me

Welcome!

• SurfsUp
    SurfsUp

Hello SadFox,

I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time, I have been through depression too. You never know, your kids my turn around; there is a post on here that I was reading earlier "my wife just talked to 2 JWDs" was the subject on the active posts, it may be encouraging to you.

Hang in there. Talk to you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit