SHOULD A JW BE IVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THE OLYMPICS?

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ESPECIALLY AS THE ORIGINAL OLYMPICS HAD PAGAN CONNECTIONS?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - who can win the gold medal for placing the most watchtowers in 8 hours

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

you can do what you want, it just depends if you have more guts then the self-rightous nut who is claiming about you. Just tell them to mind their own business.

• golf2
    golf2

What's wrong with it? I've been into sports since my teens.

Golf

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

To be fair, it shouldn't be any of anyone's business if they do or not. The Watchtower Organization is steeped up to it's stinking armpits in PAGAN CRAP. So they of all people should keep their dirty, lying yap shut.

IMHO, The society is nothing but a bunch of hypocritical turds......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are following the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to the T, no. The Olympics are, to them, nothing more than patriotism. It amounts to going to war--but, instead of shooting at each other, they fight by playing common games. Of course, they never settle anything that way--except who has the best trained (and doped) athletes.

However, it is really none of anyone's business if people watch them at home. I do not buy that stumbling argument. I cannot stumble anyone if I watch the Olympics and no one else is there to see me. And if I keep my big mouth shut about it, no one at the Kingdumb Hell should find out.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

IMHO, The society is nothing but a bunch of hypocritical turds......

That about sums it up.

• justhuman
    justhuman

NO PROBLEM AT ALL..AS LONG YOUR NAME IS SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS AND PLACE A GOOD CONTIBUTION TO THE WT'S DONATION BOX

• justhuman
    justhuman

What stupid logic the GB have WT Wizard...

Sorry for "killing" the U.S basketball team in the World Championship 2 years ago....I hate when we are bringing up our brudal Hellenic past

The Olympic Games stood as a mark for peace in the Ancient Greece. The Hellenic Kindoms during the Olympic period they had to stop any war that was taking place and participate at the games. Athletes were learning to respect their oponent and to fight for victory in just means. There were times that athletes refused to win because their rival was injured.

I have seen the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004. I felt proud for being Greek but most of all I have seen people from all over the World sitting next to each other and enjoing the games. I will not forget when in a game(I think discs) the judges didn't gave a metal to one of the best athlets. Then the crowd stood and demanded justice!!! At the end the crowd managed to change the wrong decision of the judges!!! It was the first time in history that this happened, but the Greek crowd demanded JUSTICE for that foreign Athlet.

At the end of the games I realize that we the human race have nothing to separate us. No National borders, religion, or country. We are all the same. And we all had a great fun at the end of the Olympics. I did not see any hatred towards anyone, and all supported their country athlets in the best way. But that was it. All of us were happy for everyone. This is the spirit of the games. Because if you wanna big a Great Winner you must learn to accept your defeats.

Olympic games have their dark side, like anything in this World. They have drugs, illegal substances to have a better perfomance, and this is bad. But among the good things we do have some bad. We are not in a perfect world

The FDS are only a banch of old fools that they are champions in "Spiritual Abuse"

• White Dove
    White Dove

It would be risky because besides wearing the flag all over your "here are the Americans or other country!" suit, if you win, you'd have to sit on the box in stead of stand when they play your anthem.

Or maybe not! If you are already standing before the anthem starts, you wouldn't have to stand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit