Less Focus on Doctrine, More Focus on OBEDIENCE.

by easyreader1970 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Borgia
    Borgia
    obedient Look up obedient at Dictionary.com
    c.1225, from O.Fr. obedient (11c.), from L. obedientem (nom. obediens), prp. of oboedire "to obey" (see obey). Obedience in ref. to dog training is attested from 1930.
    obeisance Look up obeisance at Dictionary.com
    c.1374, "act or fact of obeying," from O.Fr. obeissance "obedience," from obeissant, prp. of obeir "obey," from L. oboedire (see obey). Sense in Eng. alt. late 14c. to "bending or prostration of the body as a gesture of submission or respect" by confusion with abaisance.

Not much difference is there.........Golden Calf alert!

Cheers

Borgia

• james_woods
    james_woods

It has been mentioned before, but as far as I can see this Faithful and Discreet Slave idea is one of the most unsound scripturally of all the witness teachings. If they want you to be totally obedient to FDS, they should at least offer some sound biblical reasoning, and a consistent record of teaching on who or what it is. Which they do not have.

A lot of interpreters view the verse as just meaning - who is being a good and faithful servant personally. In that light, it is not surprising that they have had to revise the practical definition of exactly what or who this organizational or personal messenger was several times.

And it is ironic that they make fun of the Catholics for claiming that Peter was the first Pope - "on this rock I will build my church" - but if you think about it, that verse sounds a lot more like organizational direction than the parable of the slave. The JW version of that one is also about as convoluted as the FDS doctrine, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit