Clothing in the New Order

by donny 24 Replies latest jw friends

• amama2six
    amama2six

Taken from the Wiki:

Reasons for wearing high-heels, which are almost exclusively aesthetic, include:

* they change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves
    * they change the wearer's posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the gait in what is considered a seductive fashion
    * they make the wearer appear taller
    * they make the legs appear longer
    * they make the foot appear smaller
    * they make the gluteal muscles more defined while wearing tight pants

Reasons for not wearing high-heels include:

* they can cause foot pain
    * they can create foot deformities, including hammertoes and bunions
    * they can cause an unsteady gait
    * they can shorten the wearer's stride
    * they can render the wearer unable to run
    * altered forces at the knee caused by walking in high-heels may predispose to degenerative changes in the knee joint
    * Women who wear high heels frequently have a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees. This is because they cause a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot which puts more rotation stress on the knee
    * Podiatrists often comment that 75 percent of their business is caused by females wearing tall high heeled shoes.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is a very funny thread.

Even as a good little tiny JW girl, I pretty much assumed that if we were all perfect and Adam & Eve-y again, we would naturally be runnin' around nekkid. I was happy about that, I liked runnin' around nekkid and was already mad that little boys could run around without shirts on and I couldn't.

The illustrations in the literature always, ALWAYS ticked me off (in more ways than one) the fact that it was just plain bad artwork was right up there.

• amama2six
    amama2six

The existence of children in the artwork portraying "Paradise" would be inaccurate, as well, if this is the case:

"There will be no procreation or elimination, thus no genital parts to cover."

It is said there will be 1000 years of cleaning up to do...by the time the earth looks like that there will BE no children! Well, maybe the ones resurrected...but how long is that going to last...maximum of 18 years until everyone is an adult with no genitals? Fun, fun.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    There will be no procreation or elimination, thus no genital parts to cover."

• undercover
    undercover
    When I was a young kid in the dub congregation, , let's say in the late 50's , it was commonly believed that we would eventually go back to nakedness, for the reasons that the original poster gave.

When I was a kid in the 60s the dubs still believed that. I remember it making an impression on me...that we'd all be running around naked.

I asked about cold winters and was told that the earth would be perfect and we wouldn't have the extreme in temperatures...

• amama2six
    amama2six

Hey, I was just repeating what AGuest said. ^^

Not sure where he/she got that information but it sounds crazy enough to be an actual JW belief. :P

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, AGuest has certainly helped me understand what every one of the fruit-eaters will be full of, after about a couple thousand years...

• amama2six
    amama2six

Joy and Happiness? LMAO

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Blondie,

If you had asked that question to my JW friend, she would tell you straight-faced that "the other scrolls have yet to be opened." Therefore, no one could give you a straight answer because of the "scroll."

• AGuest
    AGuest

"There will be no procreation or elimination, thus no genital parts to cover."

I was just repeating what AGuest said. Not sure where he/she got that information...

I am a she... and I received both from my Lord. In the new order, terrestrial (physical) beings will be come as celestial (spirit) beings... and, with the exception of the Most Holy One of Israel, Himself, celestial beings do not procreate their species. Unlike physical beings, they neither marry (have sex) nor are given in marriage (are directed to have sex and procreate). That's why the Nephilim had to put on flesh in order to have relations with the daughters of men... and in this they "sinned." Those that have not sinned... do not need/use bodies to "make love" - love is not a physical exercise with them - it is all-being, the reason were brought into existence: to minister, in love, to God and His sons. And it is AWESOME to see them do this... as well as to be a recipient of it.

In addition to procreation, our genitalia also allows us to eliminate waste. Like us, our food is organic... and terrestrial. We are essentially made of it... and it of us. Therefore, like us, it contains corruption in it. I do not mean corruption as in immorality, but corruption as in death. The ability to die. The ability to age (which is death). The inability to ward off disease (which causes death)... and bad bacteria and other organisms (i.e., viruses, etc., which cause/contribute to death). Our food contains indigestible/inabsorbable components and compounds. This is because our food originates from am imperfect source (the earth) and so it contains waste properties that are of no use to our bodies and so must be eliminated. We can not and do not use all of what we consume.

Spirit beings, however, do not eliminate their food because, like them, their food is celestial... and perfect: it contains no corruption. It is perfect because its source is perfect. It's source... is Christ: spirit beings eat "manna" - the "bread from heaven," the "leaves of the Tree"... of Life.

Because the Source is perfect, therefore, the food is perfect... and therefore, their perfect spirit bodies are able to absorb... and use... every iota of it. Unlike us, whose food can only sustain us so far and for so long, their food sustains perfectly. The more they eat... the more immortal they are. Because they are taking in the very Source of [everlasting] Life.

The difference between being mortal... and immortal... however, is not just a lack of death. It is a lack of almost everything that makes us "weak." Mortals die (in the flesh); immortals do not. They are immortal because their spirit (celestial) bodies... do not die... because they do not have sin and death IN them, like our bodies do. However, both can be destroyed - physical body AND spirit body - in Gehenna... the spiritual lake of "fire" that utterly destroys.

Satan is an immortal, as are the angels that sinned... because these do not have sin in their bodies. Yet, he and some of these will be destroyed... because of the sin of their spirits (i.e., their willingness to commit error). THAT... is the sin that brings everlasting destruction. And that is why there were cast out and/or prevented from re-entering of the spririt realm: so that, like Adham, they were CUT OFF... from eating from the Tree of Life. This is so that their spirit bodies can be weakened to the point of being able to be destroyed. Had they been allowed to continue eating from my Lord, the Tree of Life... they, too, would live forever (which is why they come against the Holy City - so as to eat... and live forever).

but it sounds crazy enough to be an actual JW belief.

Nothing could be further from the truth: the WTBTS have absolutely NO knowledge regarding this truth. Their belief regarding these matters is SO false... well, that's why everyone's so confused about it. It makes absolutely NO sense... which is why the matter has come up here.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit