I'm on steroids too :(

by MsMcDucket 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Awww, Girl! What can I say, then? May JAH bless and, again, you are in my prayers, as are all here who suffer in the flesh.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Awww, Girl! What can I say, then? May JAH bless and, again, you are in my prayers, as are all here who suffer in the flesh.

I hope that you've gotten your baby buggy fixed! That scenario you gave was terrible! How'd that work out?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Got it "fixed" alright; as in removed. A "partial." Which, I must say, given the age I am now, was one of three wonderful things I've done to my body, not counting childbirth (lasik surgery and ear-piercing were the other two). No more "muss"... no more "fuss." At all. I can't even begin to describe how convenient my life is as a result. And none of the usually feared "side effects." Not one. Thanks for asking and peace to you!

SA

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow, just came accross this and found out something one of my daughters has gone through.

She had a tumor on her thyroid a few years ago and had part of her thyroid removed. She is supposed to take synthroid but I don't think she is regular about it. She aslo had to have a hysterectomy. Complete. I also don't think she ever took her hormones.

Now a few years later she is having swallowing problems..she finally went to the Dr and he examined her with a scope. He then enlarged her throat with a tube and she has been fine since then..she recently had to have it done again tho..

I wonder if it is related to her surgery?

She is also always getting bronchial type infections.

A Dr recently told her she had Lupus because he did the "touch" spots and they were all sensitive..is that how they diagnose Lupus?

Doesn't sound to accurate of a way to diagnose something..

Snoozy

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Hi Snoozy, Lupus is an autoimmune disorder, generally, a person with Lupus will have a positive ANA (blood test). I don't know about the "touch" stuff???

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

MsMcD..that's what I though but my daughter gets indignant when I ask her about it..I'll have to ask her about the ANA blood test . The way she talked the touch thing was teh only way they could tell...

I'll look it up also.

I was just noticing the comments about the thyroid here and linked it possibly to her operation..

Light hugs ..Snoozy

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I feel for you Ms McDucket, I have severe asthma. As I write this, I am thinking I will be back in the hospital as I cant seem to get my breathing under control. I take predinsone daily and and couple inhaled steriods. Yes the moonpie face does go away, but I don't complain because I can breathe..lol. The steriod Solumedrol is great at opening you up, it just raises your blood sugars. I wish you the best.

Grewup

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

grewupjw1969, I don't think that there is nothing worse than feeling like you're going to choke to death/can't breathe. It gives the people around you quite a scare too; doesn't it? ...and you'd do anything just to breathe normal and not have that attention... Yeah, I know how you feel. Take care of yourself and if you have to go to the hospital just go. That's what they are there for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit