how do you youtube?

by whitman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• whitman
    whitman

I'm curious as to how people are using youtube.....

Do you actively seek out youtube videos? By that I mean, do you play in youtube land finding links and things of interest to you? If so, how random or how specific do you make your searches?

Do you find you've spent hours watching videos without realising how long you've been playing?

Or do you wait until you hear about a youtube video before you go there?

Do you wait until someone sends you a link? Do you tend to send links?

How do you youtube?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm usually just on the lookout for channels debunking YECs, and skeptic channels....beyond that, anything that makes me smile is good.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

My goodness....I turned my television off for about a year. I watch you tube at least 2 hours a day..I know it sounds silly. but the things I have learned. Have you watched Zeitgeist.com Holy cow...that was unbeleivable. I really enjoyed some of the you tube takes on Rutherford.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I look up old videos for my kids and myself of shows, old movies, old music videos, and current stuff. Today we looked up Billy Ray Cyrus' video Acky Breaky Heart. The kids loved it cuz he's Miley Cyrus' dad.

• whitman
    whitman

Very cute Mrs J.... I can only imagine there is some line dancing going on at your place...lol

SirNose... do you generally hunt down videos yourself, or do you find that you would spend more time checking out links that have been passed your way?

IRDWOKH - would you say that youtube has replaced t.v in some respect for you? Are you more inclined to play on youtube than flick through t.v channels? Do you share links?

I havn't seen Zeitgeist.com Holy cow but am about to check it out now.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Do you wait until someone sends you a link

Yes, or unless I want to post something I may look for info and a link. But I do not spend much time on U-tube on my own.

hope4others

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Absolutely it has replaced T. V. I Had to force myself to watch the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium. I have learned as much about real life history as I have learned about the JW's here at this site. It is unbeleivable. Then I go to people's house watch TV and see ridiculous reasoning and realize that what has happened with the JW's also is happening with America. There is a dumbing down of America by wicked people. Not that every one is dumb in America but they don't get any help from TV.

• whitman
    whitman

IRDWOOTKW - smurf dude - (smurf dude is easier right now) - do you watch youtube as entertainment as well, or is it primarily for educational purposes?

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

I would have to say that I watch you tube for educational reasons. However as you will experience, education and entertainment go hand and hand when you are astonished!

• amicus
    amicus

I hate to admit I missed the edge of technology.

I have no access to tv, I thought that was cool until I visited here a few months ago.

I spend far too much time now searching youtube for links to my favorite bands. I'm amazed at what's available.

I rarely go beyond music, I use my local library for books and research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit