3 REASONS TO BE A JW

by thebigdebate 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Shazard
    Shazard

One very strong way how to get in JW is

You like some girl (actually want to have her... horizontally), but she is Nutty breed of JW so you "close your eyes" to some wiredness, go to weekly services, get access to this girl - horizontally - and soon realize, that it is pretty OK... and this "pretty OK" soon connects with what you hear in "weekly services" - and you get this anchor between "feel good when being horizontally" with "whatever is told in JW" and then when you are prepared and ready, you have ready axiom in your mind "To be JW is to feel good" (when horizontally) :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

for me

1) Born into it

2) Dad ; abusive, violent, control freak, cruel,

3) Mum , submissive wanted a quiet life

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed that from the platform. They talk all the time about reading the obituaries so they can find those who have lost loved ones. They also hit homes where someone has just moved in a lot. And they like those men that are single and have no prospects, and will do anything to get such ones in and keep them in.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    1: You were born into a family of JW's

Agree

2: You had a "life crisis" "Example - Quiting drugs or drinking - Death of loved one - Divorce - Depression"

Possibly, some people may seek comfort and refuge in a religious organisation after a life changing event.

3: You are NUTS - "Dont fit in with normal people"

I'm not sure about the 'NUTS' description you've given, but from my own personal experience, some people in the KH seemed like complete social misfits and would not be able to fit into a 'normal' society such as the real world.

I think there are other reasons why people become JWs, such as you have simply been conned by them into believing the world will be a paradise one day, and to be a part of that you must join up.

Or you might be a control freak bully and you want to boss people around, and so joining a religion gives you the perfect opportunity to do so.

Or you might just have nothing else better to do with your life?!?...

LFCv

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

you forgot one reason NOT to answer the door when you are high on drugs, thats how a member of my family joined.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

Spot on

• thepackage
    thepackage

Married into it.

Divorced out of it!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    "Dont fit in with normal people"

Define "normal people".

There just as many "nuts" in any other religion as there are in the borg. In fact I can say the same reasons you mentioned why people would want to join ANY religious organization.

LRG

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    NOT to answer the door when you are high on drugs, thats how a member of my family joined

Now that's crazy!

• thebigdebate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit