Small joys

by heybaby 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Today it was watching my children laugh and tell me of good times. We went and fed the ducks at the local park and truly enjoyed the day.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Mine are the smell of hickory wood burning in my meat smoker, seeing my fiancee's beautiful smile, a fresh hair cut, drinking an ice cold beer while taking a hot shower, and listening to old blues masters, like Muddy Waters.

• hubert
    hubert

Mandette, (or anyone else),

My wife recently got a hummingbird feeder. However, she forgot what to put in it to attract hummingbirds.There's a special name for it, I believe.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Hubert

• ataloa
    ataloa

Hubert,

I don't know the name of the commercial food but you can make your own cheap. I always boil 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar; just so it's mixed well.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Feeling my unborn baby girl kicking around...

Being with Gary...

When my cat gets cute and snuggly (not often, shes a cranky 13 year old)

Sirona

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Ataloa.

Hubert

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Was posting elsewhere

It jumped topics

• restrangled
    restrangled

A small fledgling fell from a tall pine tree into my backyard. I watched all day for the parents and they never showed up. By the end of the day the baby was very weak and no longer calling. I went in the house and crushed some strawberries, put the little fellow in my palm and he figured out how to slurp it all up. The following morning he was waiting for me. By the middle of the second day, he was chirping and flapping his wings every time he saw me. (I was feeding him every 30 minutes during the day.)

I did some research and found out that most birds need protien and the suggestion was to soak dry cat food with some water and make a thin paste. At first he would shake his head after a taste, (the sweet strawberries must have spoiled him) but he soon was stuffing himself.

I spent 3 days, on the 30 minute feedings and at 7:00 pm would tuck him into a high planter off of the ground, where he would promptly cuddle up to the side and go to sleep.

On the 4th morning he was gone. I don't think he flew away, as his little feathers were just coming in. I found some racoon droppings near the top of the planter so assume one of those bad boys got to him.

While I was able to keep him alive and especially when he would call at the sight of me, he was one of my "small joys"!

r.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings...

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Sleeping late on Saturday morning... and maybe a little nookie before crawling out of bed in time for lunch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit