Small joys

by heybaby 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• DJK
    DJK

Love them hummingbirds, they visit my feeder all day. Ruby throated hummingbirds here.

Twice I've seen the courting dance by the male. He flies back and forth in a wide arc called the pendulum dance. It's the best view of the red patch on his throat.

• *summer*
    *summer*

chickpea, your story is SO sweet.

yes, tiggers are wunnerful things indeed

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice beer outside in the good weather.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

A good meal and a good song are my regular sources of joy. I also take delight in beautiful flowers, achitecture, and lake views!

"Celebrate the moments of your life"

• Mandette
    Mandette

Tiggers are wunnerful....

and Simbas and Nemos and Dorys and Flippers and Benjis and Rajas and all the rest!!!

And you know something....... it seems that a God that created all this beauty and infinite variety of plants, animals, stars etc would not focus on ONE group of people.........I take comfort in that...

Mandette

• lancelink
    lancelink

I have a birdfeeder mainly used for goldfinches, and there are many doves coming around trying to eat something.

The openings are small slits, so I cut several of them off, and installed little trays so the doves can get something.
    Now i get to see the doves and goldfinches eat together, really a neat site

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

what was a joy for me was last april me and my family went to bakersfield ca on holiday to see my nephew (who moved there to marry a gal from them parts, all the way from the uk).on the first sunday we were there i cooked a traditional english sunday lunch.we had roast beef(and i must say U.S.A beef my God its the best )and yorkshire pudding,roast pots,and veg with english hot mustard,and for dessert we had english christmas pudding(at my nephews request had to get them chritmas time in uk)and custard.everyone loved it i just so enjoyed cooking that meal,had some wine while cooking .but that was great me my wife kids and my sister she came over and our new family was so nice and good,it was a joy for me and all of us.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I'm a spider saver too! I try to teach everyone that they take care of the bad bugs in the garden; so far, nobody cares.

One of my favorite things to do is at twilight to go sit by one of my ponds and have coffee or a cocktail and just admire everything and plan what to do next.

It's funny you mentioned hummingbirds; I just saw one outside today and so I finally put my feeder back up; the flowers are getting to be slim pickings around here. I love plants and (wild) critters.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Holding hands with a boy in public

Eating homemade tomato soup

Watching a thunderstorm from my bedroom window

Chatting with heybaby online!

xx

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Laughing at the funny things on JWD. Talking with my husband first thing in the morning and at suppertime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit