Is this normal???

by amama2six 25 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes normal - yes it improves with time

• amama2six
    amama2six

I don't understand "apostasy" being the only unforgivable sin. The funny thing is...they say in the organization that apostates completely turn their back on Jehovah (God) and try to bring others away from him. Yet many of the so-called "apostates" I see on here are still believers in God, they just don't agree with the way Jehovah's Witnesses are being controlled, manipulated, and having the Bible twisted for them in the WT publications. They would have their members believe we're all just a bunch of Satanists out to drag them into eternal death. :rolleyes:

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yes very normal. Avoidance of the issues come back to bite us in the butt eventually. The healing goes a lot faster if we dive in right away and get online and talk.

Ruth

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

You are lucky you got out early many of us wasted most of our adult lives in it, raised children in it, who may be still stuck in it. So you can relish in the thought that you have your whole life to live with out someoned else telling you what right and what's wrong enjoy it and make it count.

LD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so many people with the same experiences. I was out for over 20 years, maybe near 25, when I found this site. And yet, I went through a lot of anger and upset when I first started posting. I just think we shove it all down in our psyches and get on with life. Reading all the stories here brings it all back. It's a good thing, it allows us to think about it and reframe it. Just don't do anything rash like reading the riot act to elders. That could get you arrested if they feel like being mean.

• amama2six
    amama2six

LOL Hortensia...I won't do anything rash! :D

ldrnomo...I'm very glad I got out when I was still young and it breaks my heart to read stories of people who spent nearly their whole lives enslaved before getting out...losing children and grandchildren to the organization they themselves brought them into. :( *Hugs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit