by outofthebox 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

not to say I'm happy.

but, since KH are self-insured KHAA

any damage will cost the society $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Mary
    Mary
    The rumor going around here is that the guy was a JW at the KH by himself and committed suicide by blowing it up.

That's impossible. We all know that Witnesses are the 'happiest people on earth.'

With that said, what I find so disturbing is the method with which this guy killed himself. Far too eerily similiar to the suicide bombers of Islam, although he didn't take anyone else with him. The fact that he purposely committed suicide and took the KH with him, most definitely indicates a deep-seated rage at the Organization, which I can certainly sympathize with.

Very tragic. I can't help but wonder if this guy ever tried speaking to the elders or anyone else there about his (obvious) depression, only to be brushed off.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I'm going to try to find out reliable and accurate information about this (not relying on wild JW rumors).

If I'm able to find out anything definite, I'll post it.

The cult has claimed another victim. Sad.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Too sad. I'll with hold judgment until more news comes out, but it sure looks like he was saying "you've hurt me too much for life" to the local congregation.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I live five miles from the KH. We took photos and there is much more info if you read www.kansascity.com 's article and read the COMMENTS on the article. Apparently, the guy went to the front of the KH, poured gasoline on himself and lit it. It blew a hole in the back wall (away from the street side so we couldn't get photos of it), and started a fire. The KH is still standing and basically needs some hefty cleanup work and the hole in the brick wall repaired. The congregation was in there cleaning up today, bringing bag after bag of debris out. My husband and I took photos from the road, which rattled their cage. The ATF was there yesterday, but the police tapes were down today. Also, from what I could find out, it was most likely a MS or Elder as the person had the key, and did not break in. That particular congregation usually cleans their KH on Saturday afternoons, so this guy most likely knew that and had access to the KH. That's all I have been able to glean so far. Teresa

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Oompa is always talking about blowing up Kingdom Halls. Hope it wasn't him.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Oompa is always talking about blowing up Kingdom Halls. Hope it wasn't him.

From what I can tell, his last post was made at 6 pm Saturday, central time. What time was the explosion?

• amama2six
    amama2six

It wasn't him, then...one news article said firefighters were putting out the fire at around 1:55pm Saturday afternoon (I imagine Central Time). Whew!!!

• Gozz
    Gozz

What a painful way to go...

The news should be watched, especially from the KH. The man may be posthumously disfellowshipped.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

"Posthumously disfellowshipped", I like that. LMFAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit