who would not do what it takes for there kids

by mattbetrayed 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

not so long ago in the uk a mother let herself die so as to save her baby,sounds good however if this woman was willing to have the blood she would be here today happy and enjoying her new borne.it is so sad that this cult makes folks do these things,me i would do anything for my kids and i believe God would expect me to.

after all god let his son give his blood for us!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    cult makes folks do these things

Nice excuse but no. They dont make anyone do anything.

• dinah
    dinah

Ippy, they don't hold a gun to anyone's head, but they do control people's minds.

I watch my Mom, she seems to be on another planet because of them. She chose it, sure. But I don't think she knew what she was getting into, and still has no idea what she's in.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

When I had my babies I signed to refuse blood. I could have died. You could all have been tutting and ringing your hands discussing my case being reported in the news.

As it happens I lived and I'm here now.

Most JW's do not think seriously about the consequences of their stand on blood.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

DiPie, I got to stick to my guns on this one. Just following orders doesnt cut it in war crimes court. It shouldnt here either.

I told people not to take blood. I believed it was right. Doesnt change a thing.

I shunned people. I believed it was right. I was in fear of the sanctions. Doesnt change a thing.

Not giving a transfusion to your dying child. Heaven forbid any of us did that because they thought it was right or because of fear. Doesnt change who did it. Doesnt change the fact that no one made anyone do it.

sorry.

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

i think this is true they dont make people do things in that they force them with muscle,but do it through the mind "God will hate them"that makes many a witness stay in it".

but they need to get out God will still be there only more loving!

• dinah
    dinah

I hear ya, Ippy.

Even when I still believed the Witnesses were right, if it came down to letting my child die they would have to kiss my butt. I guess that's why I never went back. Maybe if more parents were prosecuted for letting pompous idiots dictate their lives things would change.

Even when I had back surgery at 14, I made sure my surgeon know I didn't want to die when we were away from Mom.

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

dinah! lots of respect to you.

and of course you are right.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I know that even as faithful as I was as a witness that when push came to shove, I would cave and allow my child to have a transfusion.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I was nursing, I was involved in a couple instances where I made sure we had a court order for the blood. One set of parents thanked me.

When my sister was 4, my parents gambled with her life with the blood issue. That's not anything i'll ever forget, or forgive.

I had a hysterectomy at 19.....when i was bleeding out..mom was throwing a fit about me getting blood. Good thing I had signed the consents and was over 18, or i'd be dead.

There's just no excuse for their stupidness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit