Nothing but the Blood - Chapter Nine

by daniel-p 20 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

karen96: Thanks! I'm supremely thankful for surviving my illness, although perhaps not as much in day-to-day life as I should be. Sometimes, when I realize I've almost forgotten all about it in my daily affairs, I have to catch my breath at the immense sense of relief and gladness I get. Nothing can replicate the exhilarating feeling of being spared from death. I believe it was Winston Churchill who said: "There is nothing more exhilarating than having bullets shot at you and them missing their target," or something like that.

Barbara: I don't know how many times the WTS admonished: "Don't fall prey to the so-called logic of truth being able to withstand scrutiny... [insert comparison to Satan asking misleading questions]." The message was always the same: don't ask questions, don't try to prove or make sense of your faith. Why? It's not your place to ask questions. One of the most disturbing things about this fact is that this is basically the same thing God told Job: It's not your place to question me... I don't have to give an explanation to you... You're nothing, and I'm everything. Just do as I say and I'll see fit to bless or ignore you. Compare this with Gideon and the fact that he tested Jehovah three times for a miracle PROVING he was doing the right thing. There seems to be two contradictory messages, and I don't see why we can't all be as Gideon, simply asking God for proof that we are doing the right thing, that we are on the right track, before we assign our lives over to a certain organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit