Emotionally drained

by heybaby 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• beerose
    beerose

I'm sorry you are feeling so much strain in your marriage!Every relationship has the butting of the heads,you can't help this.Each person thinks differant it takes compromising on both parts to make it work!Believe me,I'v been married 24 years with a lot of butting heads it ain't easy,my husband does not believe in God,he's been highly upset over the years with the JW's stopping in for a study as long as they came when he's not here it worked out! I hope everything works out for you!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I suggest seeing a marriage counselor. We're not professionals here, and listening to advice from untrained people who you've never met, and who know little of the history of your marriage can do more harm than good.

W

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what a surprise for you both. Maybe you are just finally telling each other the truth. Maybe you are suffering from loss aversion too - not wanting to let go of something in which you invested so much. I hope it all works out well, no matter what that turns out to be. Unfortunately, divorces that start out friendly can turn ugly. I hope that doesn't happen to the two of you.

• whitman
    whitman

ohhh....honey....I'm thinking of you....drop me a line anytime sweetie.....for what it's worth, I'm here for you xxx

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I can only speak from experience.
    Like you and your husband...my wife was 18 and I was 21 (imagine that) when we got married. That was 20 years ago. We have had so many good times along the way.

But along the way there was these hard times that were like bumps in the road of happiness and at times it seemed these bumps were so large that they filled the whole road in front of us with no way around, over or through them.
    But one thing we noticed is that given time and not getting in a hurry to get to the other side of the bump, something would come along and either fill in the bump, cover over the bump (like a bridge), or open up a path along the bump so we could continue on the road.

A marriage stays strong and healthy with two good givers but never with two takers. Takes two to make it work...but only takes one to destroy it.

Evaluate where you are in your own road. Look back at where you started. Was it a happy start?

Sounds like to me there is some needs not being fulfilled on the part of one or both of you. Never be afraid to communicate your feelings to him and don't make lite if he expresses his needs or desires to you. You may find out that things aren't as bad as they may appear right now. Just like a house needs a little TLC or maintenance so does a relationship.

Hoping and wishing the best,
    StoneWall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit