What would a JW say if they saw your library?!

by Sirona 30 Replies latest jw friends

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

They'd ask where the hand cream is....

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

sorry; double

• serendipity
    serendipity

Fanatic JWs would ask "where's the society's literature?" or "is that all you have?" and would probably raise an eyebrow at my philosophy and career-oriented books. I keep most of the questionable stuff in my closet. ;-)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sirona,

You've got Stephen King novels! Cool! So do I. I have witch books, apostate books and notebook that I put together of apostate stuff on the net, horror novels, academic books galore, fine literature , sewing and knitting books, a phone book and a cook book.

I try to have a varied library but only have one book case.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I also have the Kama Sutra in full color photos with insets of Shiva and Shakti going at it By far, this is my favorite book. It is beautiful, sensual and respectful, which is what I imagine it is supposed to be like.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yeah White Dove....we also have "Tantric Sex"

and King...yes there are a few. I've read more fiction than are on those shelves of course, but lots of them got given away. What you see on that King shelf is just the fiction thats still hanging around right now.

Room for expansion....amazon here I come LOL

Sirona

• gloobster
    gloobster
    we've got to do a last minute run around the house hiding Ray's books, Hassan's book and several evolution and science books so as not to offend/get DF'd, depending on who's calling.

May I suggest hiding them prominently on the coffee table?

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Nice

I have a quite extensive library

Taste range a wide area

Horror, Fantasy, Philosophy, Business, Computers,

Finance, Gardening, Food

It goes on and on

Can't forget my new line of interest...........

Bibles, commentaries, religions, cults, etc.

I do keep those seperate from my library

I get enough scowels from my regular material

when my family comes over

Their heads would spin and their mouths

would spew pea soup if they saw all the

apostate material. LOL

That includes the 1 piece of WT Literature

aside from NWT 1972 version I own

A 1969 Aid to Bible Understanding found

in a local used bookstore

The wife tells me I should set out CofC when they

come over next time

She's evil like that HehHeh

• Satanus
    Satanus

They would be surprised at how sparce it is. However, the number books on my puter would impress them, around 900-1000 wt books, and 24,000 general books; reference, fiction, philosophy, etc. Also, quite a few talking mp3 books.

S

• Layla33
    Layla33

Funny, not sure. I have several bookshelves in two rooms of my home. When my father spent the night, I wondered if he would say anything because I have an extensive collection on Buddhism, extensive collection of world religions, on human sexuality, extensive collection of world literature, extensive collection on psychology. Funny though, I noticed that two of my Zen books were moved a bit when he slept in the room.

I was trying to add the picture, but alas I can't for some odd reason...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit