What's your most embarrasing moment?

by iamthewolf5562 16 Replies latest jw friends

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

Was it in school? At work? At a meeting? A ball game?

What's something that happened to you that was embarassing at the time, but now, thanks to time and booze, you can laugh it off.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i had a demonstration at the service meeting ... i was up on stage ... mind went blank ... came back down to get my KM and read straight from it. I hated demonstrations by the way.

• John Doe
    John Doe

This surely wasn't my most embarassing moment, but it ranks up there. Imagine a geeky 14 year old sexually repressed witness going to the movies with his family. Now, this is a new theater and I had not been there before. We're loitering around in the theater, waiting for it to start, and I astutely planned to drain my main vein before the feature presentation. So, I go to the powder room, complete my business, and exit.

Now, as I'm exiting, there are two drop dead gorgeous teenage sirens of youthful beauty and vitality standing outside, and they look at me, smirking, as I come out. I smiled a smirky grin and nodded to them as I walked by, and they blushed and started chuckling. Kind of felt good.

Now, imagine my chagrin when as I'm leaving after the movie, I notice that there was a women's restroom sign above the powder room I had used. Yep, I felt about 2 inches tall.

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

So growing up, I was THE fat kid of the fat kids.

So when we played football for recess or gym class, I was picked in either one of two slots. If it was tag, I got picked last. If it was tackle, I got picked first.

So one day, once upon a time in 7th grade gym class, we play tackle football. Im wearing these button down, windbreaker pants. After a few plays, most kids were too afraid to even try to come after me, one of them never was. He comes at me full speed, I knock him away, but in the process, he rips my pants clean off. So Im standing on the football field, surrounded by the track, atleast 150 people all around me, with a football, a nike shirt, my boxers, and my sense of being a man! So, I ran for it. 40 yards to the endzone....yes. That was as close as i'll ever get to sports center.

PS. The guy that ripped off my pants is a marine now(big surprise). And we're still friends, so if he stumbles on this.....get home safe!

• calico
    calico

Didn't you wonder why there were no urinals?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Didn't you wonder why there were no urinals?

The theater was at least 100 years old--it didn't seem odd that there weren't any.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Going to a door and having to identify myself as one of Jehovah's Witlesses. In the neighborhood I lived in.

• dinah
    dinah

Once I was walking to my office at work and looking back at this smokin' hot brother. Ran smack into the door. I was super cool about it though.

• donny
    donny

Besides the "Rock me Amadaes" experience I posted a while back, there was anothe incident involving me and the sound board. I was working the sound board during the public talk on Sunday and it was a very boring speech. One of those greater Noahs and greater Abraham speeches. Almost at the end of the talk, I pressed a button in the upper left part of the board and the very loud electronic tone blasted through the hall. I quickly turned it off and everyone in the hall turned to look at me. The one giving the talk commented "I think brother Reed is trying to tell me that I have gone overtime."

• ninja
    ninja

when my wife asked me to wind our first child....note to self....never EVER will I again punch a baby in the solar plexus.....disclaimer.....I didn't really punch my daughter in the solar plexus.....I hit her on her back with a shovel.....hey it worked!!....da windja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit