what does being a parent mean to you? my definition

by burningbridges 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It means making sure my youngest gets the last piece of the chocolate bar we just shared. I do it cuz he's my boo and it cuts down on the screaming

• chickpea
    chickpea

being a parent means being able to have your heart
    torn asunder by crushing disappointment in your children's
    horrific life choices and even though you question:
    how can i ever love them again?, you let your heart
    lead you to that place....

being a parent means listening with an open
    heart and mind to your biological daughter say
    to you with dread and hope: i need to be a boy....
    and letting your heart know that their being your
    son or daughter isnt the point.... being your child IS!

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

chickpea you of all people know the joys and heartache of a parent. hats of to your strength.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Being a parent (of a teenager) means hugging them(through gritted teeth), the day after they told you to get stuffed!
    xxx SC

• chickpea
    chickpea
    chickpea you of all people know the joys and heartache of a parent. hats of to your strength.

thanks burn

every parent has or will struggle,
    so hats off to all who love a child that depends on them

We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only
    weakness needs support.
    Strength needs it far more ~~
    Anne Sophie Swetchine

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

so what are some of the funniest things we've had to deal with as parents? or worst?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Dont hold your breath for the lil angels to say "thank you" for anything you did for them.......ever.

Hill

• saywhat29
    saywhat29
    Being a parent means asking for the wing out of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Basket just because you want your family to get the best pieces.

I hope you can be a good parent without this because as a child, they don't have large stomachs and wings will suffice them... besides, they will just pick through it and make a mess. i've seen this happen. If anything I hope it means not ordering anymore wings at all because they are a waste... except if you like sucking th juice out of the bones, then they are good for that.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Guiding and loving them and exemplifying what you want them to turn out to be like.

That is easier said than done, but that is what parenting means to me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sweetstuff,

I totally agree! I meant guide them into becoming who they really were meant to be: Their best selves.

I try to exemplify what I want them to be: I'm trying to be my best self so they will learn to be their best selves.

Does that make any sense? Seems kinda wordy. Oh well, I do try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit