New here, but not to being an Ex-JW...

by amama2six 63 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

AMAMA TO 6 - Welcome to the board friend ! I too was raised in the " false " as you were ! I was in 44 years- been out 5 years ! You will find lots of support and caring here from many of us who were ill treated from the witness cult ! So hop on, pull up a chair- and enjoy the ride ! Look forward to hearing more from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

AMAMA TO 6- Welcome to the board!. I am surprised you have time to post. But I am sure you will ind this a great place to be.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to JWD April.

Thank you for sharing some of your story.

• amama2six
    amama2six

I just spent HOURS cleaning house (and it's still not clean) today, therefore it's now time for the kids to trash it again so I can have something to do tomorrow morning. ;) *looks at the time* Oh look, it's their bedtime anyway! :D

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Does bedtime mean at least 2 of them saying " I'm Hungry"?

• free2think
    free2think

LOL a mother's work is never done right...

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was "subconsciously" a believing walkaway for 18 years before I confronted my Witness past. I hadn't realized how much damage my parents, relatives, and the Witness people had done to my psyche. My whole life had been one big conflict during that 18 years.

It's good to get past it. Welcome to the forum.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Actually about three of them will claim hunger, and thirst, then need of a bathroom break, then thirst again, then bathroom break again. :rolleyes: hehehe A mother's work is most certainly not done!!!

Oh, and to the person who asked how many kids I was going for...I'm done. :p I wanted six kids over the course of 10 years and succeeded, now I'm all tied up and glad to move on to raising them and getting them out of the house! :D

Oooooh, that brings up another lovely subject, blood transfusions. When I had my tubes tied (the day after I had my last baby) the doctor screwed up and I bled internally for 2 1/2 days. By the time I went back to the ER I needed a transfusion to save my life. I took it. :D No WAY was I going to leave six kids motherless...I'm SO glad "religious beliefs" didn't stand in the way of that!

• amama2six
    amama2six

That's the biggest thing, Gary. Walking away doesn't always mean dropping the beliefs, and even though I was essentially "breaking all the rules" it has been hard to let go of the core teachings smashed into my head all those years. I ran to atheism because it was the simplest solution to dealing with leaving and not having any other religion I could really fit into. Things as stupid as "what Jesus died on"; kept me from being able to embrace any other religious group, even if they were non-denominational. At this point I can't say I'm outright "atheist"...nor a "believer". You could say I'm somewhere in the middle...if God exists, great. If not, that's fine too. Either way the worst I get is the eternal sleep, right? :p With as many kids as I have I could use the rest, anyhow. :D

• amama2six
    amama2six

Yay! I got my ex-Elder friend to join!!! Now if I can just find him... :p

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit