Do all GB members claim to be anointed?

by passwordprotected 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Does anyone have documented 'evidence' that ALL of the GB members are anointed, included those appointed to the body in 2005/6? As some of the newest members were formally 'Nethinim', are we to believe that these men, some of whom are in their 50s, are of the remnant of 144,000, and if so, could this be the reason behind the dropping of 1935?

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

As far as I recall, the Governing Body was always made up of those with a 'heavenly calling'....

• hamilcarr
  • Fadeout
    Fadeout

A primary reason the 1935 cutoff date was discarded last year was to validate the Governing Body member's claims to anointed status.

They can now claim to be anointed, no matter their age, and it's not an issue.

Understanding that being of the anointed implies a serious level of authority from a Scriptural viewpoint, the Society was quick to remind its victims that being of the anointed DOES NOT provide anyone with any special insights (May 1, 2007 WT p.31)... except, presumably, if they are on the GB.

• gloobster
    gloobster

I have never understood clearly how someone becomes annointed. I've been told that they "just know". Are there special annointed application forms that you have to send into the annointed GB for annointed approval? Do you get an annointed class membership card? Can the GB tell you that you're not annointed if their annointed selves don't annointedly like you?

A magic fairy sprinkles magic fairy dust on them....

• sir82
    sir82

They're all "anointed", or at least claim to be.

In the WT articles annoucing someone's appointment to the GB, a point is always included that so-and-so is an "anointed Christian".

Are there special annointed application forms that you have to send into the annointed GB for annointed approval? Do you get an annointed class membership card? Can the GB tell you that you're not annointed if their annointed selves don't annointedly like you?

Lol.

There seems to be a group of anointed-but-not-yet-on-the-GB guys in Bethel. When a replacement is needed, they get plucked from this pool.

If you're into baseball, think of this group as the "bullpen" of relief pitchers getting ready to step into the game when called.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Unless they have changed things in the last few years, the publisher's record card
    lists each member as "Other Sheep" or "Little Flock." If they are publishers and
    they partake at the Memorial, they are pretty much counted as "Little Flock."

Last time I saw a publisher's record cards (I used to be the CBSC Assistant) which was about 18 months ago, they still had the "little flock" and "other sheep" identifiers on em.

• changeling
    changeling

Yes. And "fadeout's" assesment of the situation is right on the money.

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit