comments on Sherri Shepard from the view on her countless abortions....

by orbison11 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Anyone who makes such flip comments about abortion just adds to the testimony that she is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I think she very validly explained herself on this morning's show. What do you think?

Peace!

SA

• StAnn
    StAnn

I am very proud to state that I have never watched The View and will never watch The View. There is actually some good quality programming on television, people. If nobody watched this crap, people like Shepard wouldn't have an audience for their stupidity.

The real question here is, why in the world do people watch programs filled with stupid hosts like these?

StAnn

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AGuest:

Your comments are really unkind, unloving... and SMACK of that whole JW "I'm SO much more--virtuous-moral-righteous-good-better-than-everyone else" BS.

Whose comments, and which comments exactly? Why don't you use the quotes feature to comment on specific remarks with which you disagree? It might be more productive.

And before anyone gets up in arms, this is NOT about Sherri Shepherd being Black

That may be one of the most stunningly pointless remarks I've ever read. Why the hell would it be about the colour of her skin?

and please, don't give me the "she-put-herself-out-there" rant, because I don't think that should make a difference, either, as no matter WHO puts themselves out there, "we"... should really mind our own business when it comes to other people's personal lives.

Sherri Shepherd gets paid to express her opinion. Of course that makes a difference. We're not eavesdropping on people's private conversations. We are remarking on comments made with the express purpose of being discussed by the public.

I simply do not get how this woman's being open and HONEST about her life... makes her any worse than the person who's done similar... or worse... and yet, presents to the world that they have absolutely NO "sin."

I don't think anybody suggested it did. She chose to reveal her deep dark secrets to anyone who'd listen. The price of doing so is that people are likely to discuss those revelations.

Hmmm... I'm not sure how that can be: I have openly confessed my sins here... in truth... as well as that I am a FOREMOST sinner... servant to ALL... a good-for-nothing-slave who has done, with regard to the Household of God, nothing more than what I ought to have done, so that no reward is "due" me... truly. I am no more virtuous (BWWAHHH!!)... moral (yeah, right!)... righteous (oh, Lordy!)... good (not by ANY stretch)... or better (seriously??!) than ANYONE else... on this entire planet. And I have absolutely NO problem admitting that. But I welcome your comments. Care to elaborate?

You really don't get it, do you? How could I be self-righteous when I make a point of telling everyone how worthless I am? I suppose it could be called "self-unrighteousness", or an "unholier-than-thou" attitude. The sort of false humility with which you declare yourself to be not only a sinner but a "FOREMOST sinner" (emphasis yours) makes it easy for you to adopt the role of slave, and to feed your delusion that you are in fact God's confidante.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I heard her say that and really - who can judge and why would we want to? She had a deeply troubled life and it took her time to get out of it - her comments on her life were honest and honesty is something that can be commended. I feel for her and hope she is free from her demons now....sammieswife.

• DJK
    DJK
    Your comments are really unkind, unloving

I didn't call her an idiot or stupid; however, I can't accuse her of being intelligent!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest

AGuest:

(Nodding head) Derek. Peace to you.

Whose comments, and which comments exactly?

The unkind ones. Go back; take a look: they're fairly obvious.

Why don't you use the quotes feature to comment on specific remarks with which you disagree? It might be more productive.

I usually do, as I'm sure you're aware. Not sure why I didn't this time, except maybe that there were only two or three (or four) comments when I did post, and the majority were of the unkind kind, so... I guess I kinda felt that "if the shoe fits..."

Why the hell would it be about the colour of her skin?

I wouldn't think it would be... but you'd be surprised. Truly.

Sherri Shepherd gets paid to express her opinion. Of course that makes a difference. We're not eavesdropping on people's private conversations. We are remarking on comments made with the express purpose of being discussed by the public.

Okay, first let's address "we." I'm sorry, but I didn't see that you commented before this. Second, you're correct: she gets paid to express her opinion. Here, she had made a personal statement, one in which she was trying to show that SHE couldn't judge anyone given her own foilbles... which statement was only partially quoted (NO!! Since when does the media only partially quote??!)... and so taken out of context (NO!! Since when do readers take statements out of context??!)... which caused some here to speak... unkindly... and unknowingly (NO!! Since when does anyone here speak unkindly... and unknowingly??!). I just happened upon the thread... and, since I watch the show from time to time... stated MY opinion.

I don't think anybody suggested it did. She chose to reveal her deep dark secrets to anyone who'd listen. The price of doing so is that people are likely to discuss those revelations.

And sometimes [very] inaccurately so. Here, they discussed what she is supposed to have said; I discussed what they discussed. What's your point?

You really don't get it, do you? How could I be self-righteous when I make a point of telling everyone how worthless I am?

Oh, sure, I get it: if I tell you the truth... I am being "self-righteous." If I lie to you... I am being... what? Self-righteous? Maybe not; I forget: a whole of folks prefer to be lied to, you know, have their ears "tickled." Contrary to what folks post, that certainly is the case here on this forum. ("Ooh, ooh, we're not like them... not any more!! From now on, we only want the TRUTH... that is, so long as we like how [it] sounds!!"). [Shaking head] No wonder the success of religion... including organizations like the WTBTS...

I suppose it could be called "self-unrighteousness"

Which became a sin/error/wrong... when?

, or an "unholier-than-thou" attitude.

And, so, you would rather I had a "holier-than-thou" attitude? Truly? I don't have ANY attitude, 'Der. None at all. If you knew me, you'd know that. I am... just me. Just like you... are just you. With a slight difference: I don't have a problem telling the truth... on ANY level... even if it makes me "look" bad. That's because I don't care how I "look"... to you. You can't add one cubit to my lifespan. Not one fraction of one cubit. Why in the world should I care... if YOU care... that I am honest about myself? Why in world would you lose any sleep over it? I tell the truth, D, to shame the Devil... who said... of me AND you: "skin in behalf of skin and ALL a man has... he will give in behalf of his soul."

I've taken the challenge: I have nothing to hide... and nothing I will give to preserve my soul. Rather, I gave it ALL over to the Truth... and for HIM... I will speak the truth. Why? Because I care how I look to him... on the inside.

The sort of false humility with which you declare yourself to be not only a sinner but a "FOREMOST sinner" (emphasis yours)

Wait a minute, wait a minute.. LOLOLOLOLOL... all of sudden you know my sin... more so than I do... so that you can call ME "false" when I say l am a foremost sinner? Seriously?? Seriously!!!?????

Okay, see, here's the thing, Funky D: you, like I guess many others here... would rather me say, "Yeah, hey, I've sinned... but so what, so has everyone else here... and mine's no worse than anyone else's." But that would be A LIE. You don't KNOW why I call myself such - you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. YOU don't know what I've done in MY life so that I am GRATEFUL to even HAVE a ransom.

What you would LIKE, Funk, is for me to cower down because of my sin... for me to be SO ashamed of myself... that I dare not speak of it... or mention my releasing from it... or my gratefulness for such releasing. What you would like... is for me pretend like I have no sin... pretend like I have no Lord who set me free from my sin... and pretend like I can't see or hear him. Why? Because that is YOUR "reality," you and those like you. Well, okay... knock yourself out. Believe what you will... and don't what you don't. But don't get upset with ME... because you can't handle the truth. Instead, take some time out and ask yourself exactly why that is.

makes it easy for you to adopt the role of slave, and to feed your delusion that you are in fact God's confidante.

Makes it easy???!!!! You think coming here and sharing what I do... and reading responses like this... is easy??!!! Easy... for me... would be for me to get all "LaQuisha" on you (which I can do, trust me!!!) and roll my neck and "set you straight"... and all that jazz. Or not even respond. That... would be easy, dear. Putting oneself OUT there... COMPLETELY, TOTALLY... and in ALL TRUTH... even though you're thought to be crazy, delusional, self-serving, hell, self-righteous... is NOT easy. Not by ANY stretch.

What MAKES it easy... for me... is that my Lord loves you. Otherwise... foremost sinner that I am... I would have written some of you ungodly, unfaithful, unloving folks off a LONG time ago. It is HIS love for you that keeps sending me back here. It is HE that says, "Don't grow impatient with them, child, for they are not rejecting you, but me." And he's right: sinner than I am... who am I to write you off? But me without him?

Don't underestimate me when I tell you that I am a foremost sinner, FD, for doing so makes YOU the self-righteous one. I have professed myself to be YOUR servant... by means of being Christ's servant. Does my FLESH want to be such? Heck no: Israel is a HARD-headed, HARD-hearted, STIFF-necked house... and my flesh would rather do its own will. I have learned those two truths almost more than I have learned any other thing in my entire life, I think. Yet... again... my Lord loves you. And I love him. Who, then, am I to turn away from you... me... a FOREMOST sinner? Sure, you're rude. Angry. Unkind. Unloving. Unfaithful. Incredulous. And more. But my sin is way worse... and so who am I to hold any of that against you?

Get a clue, Derek. This is not about me. It's about those still wishing and thirsting... and yes, they're still out there... whether you like it or not. I owe him a debt, which I can never repay to him. So... I will tell anyone and everyone who will listen... the TRUTH... about him... and about me. Whenever he allows me to.

Go your way in peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ (which you, obviously, don't/won't/can't get...)

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

While wisdom is always a virtue, I'm so sure that being "intelligent" is... or should be... given that so many in the country consider George W. Bush to be.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

she doesn't sound as though she is trying to be authentic and no longer live a lie. She sounds like she is boasting. Or dramatizing herself. Why is she on that show anyway? Doesn't really matter. I try very hard never to see it.

• lola28
    lola28

I'm sorry but we do live in America and the last time I checked getting condoms and birth control pills was not all that hard, so yeah it kind of makes someone upset that in the year 2008 or even in the 1990's some idiot could not figure out that there are better ways to prevent getting knocked up. And by freaking god how many times do you have to make the same mistake before you learn how to be a responsible adult? Abortion should not be used as birth control when there are so many other available options to prevent pregnancies in the first place.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm really quite suprised that she commented about her crazy past. I've not yet met any woman who would talk about undergoing a single abortion, much less a lot of abortions....(then again I don't know that many people).

Even if the woman is willing to talk about it, it's generally not an isolated, public statement. You might find it in book form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit