And she walked out of thier lives... forever

by teflon 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

TEFLON- Welcome to the board friend ! You are not alone. Many of us born and raised in the witnesses got tired of the crap as well ! I too have believing witness family still in - some respect my stand after being out 5 years, some do not. I just deal with the family that respects my stand. Can't force people to want to be around me - so I don't worry about it . You may find it will be a mixed bag for you as well. But stay true to yourself - that is what counts , don't let anybody control you. Control is what the witness religion was all about ! Look forward to hearing more from you ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome Nonstick!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why am I making such a big deal out of this one last thing?

Because you didn't leave a religion; you left a brainwashing cult. Give Christmas a try for the sake of your kids. Start out slow; trim a tree, buy some gifts, bake a few cookies. If it's not for you. just do simple things for the kids. If it is for you, go whole hog! I absolutely love Christmas! From our yard looking like a landing strip to to the Mount Everest of baked goods I bake to the kitchen crammed full of people to feast on delicacies that I only make a few times a year. It doesn't have to be commercialized. I shop for sales year round and choose things I know people will like or need. It takes a lot of time and a little money if you go whole hog, but that's up to you. Christmas is the one time of the year when most everyone has time off from work, and it's a good time to get together. We have often opened our home to people who had nowhere else to go for the holiday. For me, it is a great feeling. I can't wait to hear how your first one goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit