Counselled for nodding at a df'd person

by keyser soze 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they are allowed to speak with the pedophiles within the congregations that threaten the victims with disfellowshipping if they blow in the perpetrators.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

I have a similar experience Keyser.

I remember waiting for my Dad after the meeting one night, while him and other Elders counseled my Cousin for talking to her DF'd sister at the Kingdom Hall. I must have been 14 at the time. I couldn't believe how my Dad could do that, and I didn't like how my cousin couldn't even talk to her sister who was blood. That is wrong on so many levels, it stuck with me and influenced my leaving.

• gymbob
    gymbob

We had a woman in our cong. 35-40 years ago that continued to speak with her two DF'd daughters and they never came back to the witnesses. My dad constantly reminded us kids about how "this is what happens when you don't follow the faithful slave"s admonition"....

I remember a few years back a DF'd woman came into the hall and I said, "nice to see you", two elders saw it and came over to counsel me. So I just said, "well, aren't YOU glad to see her here?" They just looked at me so I walked away. Gymbob

• lancelink
    lancelink

Once there was a brother at my hall who got DF'd and i ran into him one afternoon at McDonald's.

i said hello to him, but all he did was look the other way, he didn't even acknowledge me.

he was reinstated about two months later,, just about the time I began my fade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit