Counselled for nodding at a df'd person

by keyser soze 13 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember this happening to my dad, when I was just a kid. There was a disfellowshipped brother in the cong, whom my dad had been friends with. Before the meeting, my dad just nodded hello to him, didn't even say the word. Shortly after that, he was called aside by an elder and told that it was inappropriate to greet a disfellowshipped person.

I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 at the time, but it really made an impression on me. I understood what it meant to be disfellowshipped, but couldn't grasp why an innocent, unassuming act like nodding was wrong. Were they communicating telepathically? Was the df'd brother sending evil, apostate thoughts to my father via brain waves? It was all so confusing for my young mind.

• loosie
    loosie

I know an elder's wife who used to nod to my DF'd brother when he came to meetings. It meant a lot to him.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Two DCs ago, my df'd sister heard from the platform that df'd people were a special affront to Jehober. Naturally she began to cry at this. A friendly couple in the hall were sitting right behind us, and the wife put her hand on my sister's shoulder. It was a welcome gesture to at least indicate that not everyone pretended she didn't exist.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Jehovah's Witnesses have horrible manners. They miss the "forest for the trees". Yet, they think they are God's chosen people. If there is God that cares...one day they will get a shunning, special...just for the cold blooded and ignorant humans they are... " a people for his name".

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

No, SirNose586, DFed people are a special affront to a cold-blooded Organization.

They just need to keep God out of that non-sense and call it what it is--foolishness.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I treated Df's like I would the World......A big Hello.....I never could not acknowledge anyone.

hope4others

• faundy
    faundy

Missing Link- I totally agree. I mean, we weren't allowed to talk to disfellowshipped ones, yet Jesus got a foot rub from a hooker.

Hmmm- confusing?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

You were not to even make 'eye contact' with the person.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Proof positive that they are Pharisees. That is the realization that allowed me to miss that first meeting.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I used to sneak smiles at DF'd people when I was a kid. I thought I was being naughty and they usually looked so sad.

When I got older, I made it a point to speak to DF'd people if I saw them out and about like at the store.

I would feel absolutely immoral as a human being to shun someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit