What was your favorite cartoon that you was allowed to watch growin up JW ?

by StoneWall 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• blondie
    blondie

I never saw cartoons since I was out in the field circus Saturday mornings and I was young in the days before videotaping and the Cartoon Network.

Blondie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember Popeye and Alice the goon with fondness. Do you remember the strange way that Olive Oyl talked in the older Popeye cartoons? I remember Saturday morning tv shows - Sky King and Penny, Rin-tin-tin, Lassie, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, that was a loooooong time ago when I was a little kid.

• LeHarlot
    LeHarlot

Looney Tunes were "too violent" for us to watch. The Smurfs were considered "demonic" when I was a kid. Disney cartoons were allowed- woohoo. Humphrey the Bear was my favorite

• DrMike
    DrMike

Wiley E. Coyote, Super Genius. &

Hong Kong Phooey, #1 super guy!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Transformers was my all-time fave. Loved Superfriends on Saturday mornings, too. "Wondertwin powers, activate!"

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

OMG keyser that brought back so many memories.
    Holding my ribs from laughing so hard at "Wonder twins power activate".
    that in itself was worth the trip down memory lane

your eternal superfriend
    Stonewall

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am surprised they allowed Bugs Bunny. That had cartoon violence, including one character that would shoot at Bugs (who would always somehow escape). There was also the coyote that would chase the road runner, only to always fall into a trap and go off the cliff.

Not that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger needs the reminder--they already view children watching cartoons as murdering many people by not being out warning them of the even more violent destruction that Jehovah Himself is supposedly going to bring out.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Reboot, X-men, Spider-man, among others

• White Dove
    White Dove

Loony Toons, Tex Avery, Hanna-Barbara.

How do you pronounce Barbara? Is it Bar-BARE-uh? or is it like Barbara Streisand?

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Jetsons (I was actually allowed to watch Smurfs! Imagine that! )

(Babera is pronounced "Bar-bare-uh")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit