Could you explain 1914?

by digderidoo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

It doesn't matter anyway, all jw's can revert to the ever famous, 'well! I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to an opposer or someone who reads apostate lit!' and walla! they are off the hook.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Yeah. . .unfortunately I was one of the 10% who was brainwashed into believing it. Basically. . .607 BCE Jerusalem destroyed (or something like that) + 2025 = 1914 But the logistics I'd have to look up.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Typical telephone conversation with JW mother, who we affectionately call "Mah."

Sue: So Mah, let's forget about the Millerites and the Adventists for a moment. How did Jehovah's holy spirit direct Russell to predict 1914?

Mah: But Susan, EVEN THE ELDERS can't do that on the spot. Let me get back to you. Let me ask Brother X at Sunday's meeting. He's seems the sharpest to look it up.

Sue: SO, if you can't do it, and EVEN Brother X can't do it without consulting the publications, how do you expect people at the doors to grasp this important "truth?"

Mah: Jehovah knows if they have receptive hearts... and, um, if you have a good heart then you can study with us and we can explain it to you from the publications.

Sue: But I studied those publications all my life. Sister Gilead, pioneer(s), married to long-time Bethelite(s). And you raised us in it. Does this mean I have a "bad heart?" It's from numerology and pagan pyramid measurements, Mah.

Mah: They don't use the pyramids anymore, they use only the scriptures now. "New scrolls will be opened." We have a better understanding now. You would know this if you weren't such an OPPOSER.

Sue: Yeah, they hop-scotch around the scriptures, made up a false start date, extrapolate some numerology crap, and it's so mind-bendingly difficult EVEN spirit-appointed ELDERS can't fathom it. I rest my case!

Mah: You were always a wicked child, a rebellious youth. Now you're a wicked apostate, I shouldn't even be talking to you. It doesn't matter anyway, Jehovah will PUNISH YOU at ARMAGEDDON blah blah blah blah blah

Sue: Will you put Dad on the phone? He needs to know where his pension is going, since he busted his a$$ all his life to support you. Can you explain ANY of this to HIM, your rightful HEAD? Could Brother X convince Dad?

And then the line goes dead.

~Sue

• Mary
    Mary
    You were always a wicked child, a rebellious youth. Now you're a wicked apostate, I shouldn't even be talking to you. It doesn't matter anyway, Jehovah will PUNISH YOU at ARMAGEDDON blah blah blah blah blah

You know what betterdaze? That sounds exactly like the conversations Delilah has had with her mother whenever they discuss "de troof". Her mom gets pissed off whenever Dee asks her something that she has no answer to, and instead ends up attacking Dee's character and telling her how she and her kids will die at the Big A. I think this is pretty standard practice that they learn from the Borg itself. How many times have we seen in the Craptower, articles slamming "apostates", even though they have no logical answers to the topics us "apostates" wish to discuss?

Instead of "making sure of all things", they instead attack us for being "insane", "mentally diseased", or "handed over to Satan".

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Sounds like a conversation my wife has with me when she is all 'culted up'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit