Women made to keep their place?

by paybacktime19 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Women can talk from door to door because the people aren't baptized jws. In the congregation, jw women can't preach or teach to baptized jws. Actually if no qualified male jws are available, women can wear headcoverings and moderate a book study, the WT study, or the TMS. It is just that most congregations today have quite a few men. In the 40's and the 50's there were all female congregations. But it does end up making women secondary individuals.

• Mandette
    Mandette

HA!! I knew that was uh..coming!!!!! I'm NOT!!!!!!!! I'm just a strong minded girl!!!!!!!! I don't not play for the other team!!

GEEZ

Mandette

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I remember having a business disagreement with another brother.

His wife got involved and started running her mouth.

I told her to "shut up and let your punk ass head resolve this".

The look on their faces was priceless. Hers-sick looking. His- shit eating grin!

I would have never considered saying such a thing but playing the "truth" card was too funny.

PS This is not how I feel. It just illustrates the twisted thinking.

• John Doe
    John Doe

lol

I'll tell you something Mandette. I get sick of the attitude that women shouldn't do certain things. I work at a Home Depot, and I get comments all the time (from women mind you) that they don't know how to do certain things because they are women. They seem to think they're playing up my ego, but it irritates me to no end.

"I don't know how to use a drill. Us women don't use tools." etc. etc. "Can you help me lift this into my cart? Sometimes us women need a big strong man."

You have no idea how refreshing an independent woman is. ;-)

• Mandette
    Mandette

John.

Oh there's a lot I can't do. And there are times that it's wise for me not to try to lift something(to conserve my joints not cause I'm a girl). And everytime I go to buy water softener salt(the 40-80lb bags) I get some kid asking me if he can carry it out. I'm like, Uh you wanna come home with me and carry it into the basement and dump it in the system too?

But I can use a drill. I can use a screwdriver. I can even check my own oil. AND by jiminy when it comes to a hardware store I WANT TO TALK TO A GUY!!!!!!!!! Does that make me sexist? giggle

I also don't come apart at the seams if I break a fingernail! HA!

I know my limitations and I know my strengths!!

And it's wonderful to hear a guy say he appreciates a strong woman!

sorry off topic.....(the elders HATED my attitude !!! I was a paramedic at the time I was still in the JW's..NOT ladylike or what a sister should be doing)

Mandette

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes, I agree. I never mind being asked for help loading something. Heck, guys ask as much as girls, and I usually offer before I'm asked. What annoys me is the "we need a big strong man" bit, as if that's all I'm good for. ;-)

Psychology is interesting. I've heard that restaurants intentionally pair waitresses with male customers, and waiters with female customers. Makes sense. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit