Blood Card

by treadnh2o 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I'm just wondering how many who are still "in" have stopped carrying an" Advanced MEdical Directive"( Blood Card)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

My husband still carries his..he is "in" but his is like...at least 10 years old. I dont know if that is even a legally binding document any more.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I tore mine up after reading ISoCF....

• Will Power
    Will Power

OR.....

How many who are out still carry the card?

• Mx
    Mx

I'm still in but stopped carrying it three years ago.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Stopped carrying mine 6 years ago.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

For me that was the first thing to go !

I told my husband one day " I'm done going to meetings , and I have torn up my blood card . If the blood issue ever comes up it's between the doctor and me ." ........

Thinking back it was probably not the best way to break the news to him . To say the least it was a rough couple of weeks in the begining .

• lrkr
    lrkr

I am a little more fearful of the consequences of past documents that are floating around out there. I wrote- "This document does not reflect my current wishes" and crossed out all of the pages. Its in my desk- not my wallet. In my wallet it would take room away from my blood donor card.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i tore mine up the day after i joined this forum

i used the pieces of it to break the news to a dear friend whom i had made SWEAR to honor it for me should the need arise
    her response: oh thank god.... now you can be my POA for healthcare!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I no longer carry mine...torn it into lots of teeny weeny pieces a few years ago....

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit