BETTER/WORSE than a worldly person?"

by chuckyy 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It splits into two groups. One group is those who were scammed in or that were born in and had no choice. This first group is not in it for power, but because they think it's the truth. They go along with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger and the hounders, but they will not totally put their goodness out. These people usually end up becoming apostates, and they are no worse than the average worldly person.

The other group is there for the power. These are the ones that reach out to become hounders, and then bear down on the flock. They become the attendants at Grand Boasting Sessions that will make things miserable for everyone else. They become the hounder-hounders that coerce everyone into music purges and giving up all fun. They are the ones that tell everyone that, unless they are always out in field circus, they are murdering people. Usually, these ones stay around even though it is a scam. They can read Crisis of Conscience through and still stay in. They are the ones that can come here to read posts and rat people out instead of learning anything.

That second group is pure evil. Most of the hounders and higher are of this group (because that is how they get appointed), with the exceptions of those who fake their credentials. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is made up of such power hungry people, and they will do everything possible to keep anyone from the first group from ever getting there (and boot anyone from group 1 that does manage to get in, out--just ask Ray Franz).

In effect, the average witless is in fact worse, but that is because the honest-hearted person is averaged with those who are seeking power.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

great post.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Depends what the word 'better' means. JWs have so many unique bizarre rules, and if judged by these standards 'worldly people' are worse. I have struggled to remove this judgement from my subconscious, if I see a person with a beard I automatically think "(a JW thinks) he is bad".

If the standard is based standard Bible standards that adultery, homosexuality and idolatry are wrong JWs are probably better, as any that are found practicing these things is removed by disfellowshipping.

However, if goodness is judged by being honest, loving and caring I would say JWs are the same as society in general. There are the good, the bad, the honest and dishonest, the power hungry and the sincere, leaders and followers.

• beerose
    beerose

I don't like being called "worldly"and I told them that many times!"worldly people are called child of satan,it is insulting! Invte me down to the hall,than tell me I'm a child of satan,do you have to wonder why I don't come back?We are all a part of this world!HATE that word

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There is no such thing as a 'worldly person' as used by JWs. People are people everywhere you go.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit