Black guy asks for change

by keyser soze 10 Replies latest social current

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I found the following article to be rather disturbing. This increasingly aggressive level of panhandling is starting to become alarming:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/black_guy_asks_nation_for_change

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kezer..Very funny!......I actually had a white guy ask me for $2.00 for a cup of coffee.....A cup of coffee from MickyD`s wasn`t good enough!..He was a Bum with standards!!..LOL!!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Definitely, had me thinking that the story was going to be about something else!

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I was sat by the window eating in a restaurant in S.F one evening when a woman started to knock on the window and started to beckon me out. She looked distressed and disheveled and I thought she'd been attacked and needed help. So I stopped eating, got up out of my seat and went outside to see if I could help her. When I got out side I asked what was up... She then asked me if I could go back inside and buy her glass of wine and bring it out to her! lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oooo lookie! A white man asked for change too!

Now it's true: a lot of liberal democrats are saying it's time for a change; and they're right; the only trouble is they're pointing to the wrong end of Pennsylvania Avenue. What we should change is a Democratic Congress that wastes precious time on partisan matters of absolutely no relevance to the needs of the average American. So to all the entrenched interests along the Potomac – the gavel-wielding chairmen, the bloated staffs, the taxers and takers and congressional rule makers, we have a simple slogan for November 1992: clean house!

For you see, my fellow Republicans, we are the change! For 50 of the last 60 years, the Democrats have controlled the Senate. And they've had the House of Representatives for 56 of the last 60 years.

It's time to clean house. Clean out the privileges and perks. Clean out the arrogance and the big egos. Clean out the scandals, the corner-cutting and the foot-dragging.

What kind of job do you think they've done during all those years they've been running the Congress?

You know, I used to say to some of those Democrats who chair every committee in the House: "You need to balance the government's checkbook the same way you balance your own." Then I learned how they ran the House bank, and I realized that was exactly what they had been doing!

Now, just imagine what they would do controlled the executive branch, too!

This is the 21st presidential election in my lifetime, the 16th in which I will cast a ballot. Each of those elections had its shifting moods of the moment, its headlines of one day that were forgotten the next. There have been a few more twists and turns this year than in others, a little more shouting about who was up or down, in or out, as we went about selecting our candidates. But now we have arrived, as we always do, at the moment of truth – the serious business of selecting a president.

Now is the time for choosing.

As it did 12 years ago, and as we have seen many times in history, our country now stands at a crossroads. There is widespread doubt about our public institutions and profound concern, not merely about the economy but about the overall direction of this great country.

And as they did then, the American people are clamoring for change and sweeping reform. The question we had to ask 12 years ago is the question we ask today: What kind of change can we Republicans offer the American people?

Ronald Reagan, 1992 REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION, HOUSTON (August 17, 1992)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wasn't this article deliberately written to stir up trouble? Reframing Obama as a ranting panhandler doesn't really serve anyone except racists, does it? Exactly the same could be said, as Mrs. Jones pointed out, about white candidates, or any candidate of any race or sex.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wasn't this article deliberately written to stir up trouble? Reframing Obama as a ranting panhandler doesn't really serve anyone except racists, does it? Exactly the same could be said, as Mrs. Jones pointed out, about white candidates, or any candidate of any race or sex.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Keep the population riled up, scared and fighting each other. That way, the NWO (people in power) can continue taking our freedoms away since NO ONE is paying attention to what is REALLY going on.

• blondie
    blondie

The Onion is a "satirical" magazine with stories that aren't even true.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I knew that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit