Best JW tall story/variations of it?

by KW13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Dont just list one, list them all so we can laugh because in all honesty i can't believe we believed some of them.

For example, i was told Annie Lennox stopped a concert to ask if there was any JW's in the audience, and if there was could they leave as they were stopping the demons getting through...is this even remotely true? Did Annie Lennox ask the JW's in the audience to move because they were stopping the Snack Lady getting through...and it got twisted through chinese whispers...

The other day (i felt sick) one witness was banging on about how amazing it was that the Watchtower Society's building was the only one standing still...wtf...my stepdad responded with a 'wow thats amazing' and the first brother was like 'yeah i know'...grrrrrrrrr aaaaaaaah screaaaaaaaaam

Oh and the other, Celine Dione doing a Kingdom Melody...haha, as if any of those songs are remotely in tune apart from the ones they stole from Childrens Films and such

• Gopher
    Gopher

Just go to the District Convention and listen to any of the experiences! LOL.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

hey, i gave an experience at the assy and DC and sure it was flowery but it was true ;)

• KW13
    KW13
    Just go to the District Convention and listen to any of the experiences! LOL.

you mean when they say things like "Rick was a faithful Jehovah's Witness who was shot and killed. An unbelieving Post-Mortem guy who removed the bullet saw 'John 3:16' written on the bullet and from that day forward searched for God's presence in an Organization. One day he walked into a Kingdom Hall and discovered what he was looking for, he also met Ricks Parents who were eternally grateful for something, and he saw how this wasn't chance...honestly...it wasn't" - Copyright Aesops Fables

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I remember a shocking and incredibly tacky story that made the rounds back in, I think, the 1970s. About Rod Stewart. Anyone else remember that? Sort of the lowest of the low as far as JW urban legends go...blech

• lancelink
    lancelink

In the 70's i heard a story about John Denver.

At a concert he asked if there were any JW's in the audience,
    several people raised their hand/stood up and he supposedly had everyone laugh at them because
    they did not support the US government/

The Rod Stewart story is vaguely familiar.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I heard the MP3 of Celine Dion performing the Kingdom song. The performance was excellent. I have heard conflicting reports from VERY reliable sources as to whether or not it was really her. And the myth is John Denver not Annie Lennox.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I guess that concert story makes its rounds in different music genre's.

Growing up I always heard it was at an Earth, Wind and Fire concert where they told all the witnesses to get out. Never even thought about doing research. The really sad part is I heard E.W.and fire put on a great show.

• Turkey Sandwich
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the one I got out of delivering by skipping the Grand Boasting Session deserves mention. This was where I left the washtowel slaveholdery, and joined some "secret" society. (Which is the truth.) Then the "secret" society tried to set me up in a situation that threatened my standing in the witless organization (a lie). A silent prayer to Jehovah, and it resolved and I was "rescued" from that "secret" society (another lie).

The purpose of such a lie would be to keep the "secret" society from stealing any more witlesses. As we know, many people are starting to see the witlesses as a total scam, and those Aristotelian "secret" societies are an idea whose time has come (and one or more will probably be going public soon, or are in the process of doing so). What the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger needs to do is create a scare story about those "secret" societies before too many can check them out, and put out lies about them.

The real truth about that "secret" society is that they will not force anyone to do anything. Nor do they defraud anyone. Effectively, all they do is break down political and religious principles to the core, which is usually so simple that small children naturally follow them. Without all the cumbersome rules and myths, people are free to learn and create without inhibition, and problems would be solved by science and the free market. Whic fact the Washtowel Slaveholdery does not want people to know. Hence the slander and scare stories intended to keep people out of them.

Good thing I skipped the whole thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit