Elder School Summation

by messenger 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

bttt

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

okay guys,
    very soon the WT-study will last 2 times 15 minutes and the public talk too. or am I wrong?
    we have no advice in the scriptures hhow often and how long we have to keep any meeting
    and half an hour is also an hour, isnt it?
    the work is declining by equal increasing.
    the inflation of arguments is setting fire under the ass of the deciders.
    sometime I have the feeling that the emotion in the KH is getting more and more icy.
    time is life
    I dont want to spend too much of my life in sitting, repeating and listening to people who speak about preching yet being unmotived by themselves as elders, ms or publishers.
    all keep their action on a small flame but
    keep their utterances as if they are a vulcano

may be a volcano which sucks water

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they did shorten the meetings. I can remember when the PT was 60 minutes and was shortened to 45 minutes. The TMS and SM were shortened to 45 minutes from an hour too. So it's not out of the realm of possibility.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's possible then to have 15 minute meetings and still comply with "the scriptural requirement" (as interpreted by the WTS) to "not forske the gathering of ourselves together".

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks for all the insights. The WT can't stop amazing me

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • mommy
    mommy

Messenger,
    Just to parrot the others, thanks for the summation. Like I would ever sit through one of those...lol it was neat to get an inside look.

I have to mention the 15 minutes...wowsers! I mean reallly how hard is it to get an hour in? Even for those infirmed, we always had phone witnessing in their homes, or letter writing so they could remain active. I remember there was one sis who could only stuff the envelopes with a tract, we wrote the letter, but she clocked in the few hours we spent with her.

Uncle Jimbo
    I am in the Henrietta, NY area, perhaps we know each other. Please email me We did a stint in the southern tier as well, back in the 80's.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Messenger,

Let me add my thanks to the pile of gratitude here, as your insights provide a valuable glimpse as to the thinking and mindset of the WT bosses.
    While I respect those who opt to make a personal statement by disassociating themselves after years of faithful service to the organization, I do believe that those like you who work from within are also deserving of credit.

In your position, you're able to do much good, to minister by offering solace, a balanced perspective and a sympathetic ear to the battered sheep over whom so many hardassed elders have run rough-shod, and to keep the entire JW community informed as to the so-called ``inner workings'' of the power structure.

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered how you stayed regular in service while in a coma.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I must say, it really is an incredibly intelligent move on the part of the organisation to include 15 minutes of witnessing as a "publisher".
    I think it is grossly under-estimated here by us, the damage it will do to the society when the downward TREND we see at the moment becomes a downward TURN.
    Saturation point has been reached in many countries and as we have just seen from the recent report, a decrease in many countries.
    There will come a point where the R&F will ask themselves why God is waiting for judgement day and they are still putting in millions of hours for no net gain.
    On the subject of the number of hours which is extremely high with little profit, my head just sunk into my hands and I though too, of all those pioneering hours I myself put in while being told there was no point pursuing a career. There's a very fine line to what saddens me and sickens me with regard to the "truth".

• JT
    JT

ballistic

i loved your post

you are so correct- how many times can they downsize the hours

next it will be "5Min" needed to be caughted as a publisher

the number game is getting harder and harder than ever before

great post

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest