Elder School Summation

by messenger 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Richie
    Richie

Thank you messenger for this insight information! I must applaud you for remaining with this group of adherents who truly think that they are the centerpiece of enlightenment guided by the Borg.
    I remember the times going to the elder schools how they made me feel overly responsible for the flock and by being inculcated what a privilege it is to be an elder. More than that, after each school I felt elated, a little puffed up with pride but at the same time I was scared as I realized deep down that I could not live up to all the requirements the Borg imposed on me as an elder anyhow. As elders we had to be strong and always be ready to give help and counsel in the congregation and yet I myself needed reassurance and a lifting up as well. I wished I could have gone to any reliable witness at that time and pour my heart out and confess how utterly unhappy I really was.
    I felt at the time I could not even go to my wife, as I was afraid that she too would find me weak and unworthy as an elder - otherwise she might have decided to "report" my skepticism to other elders or so I thought. Little did I know that she also fostered many doubts and was suspicious of some of their teachings. Those were the days of my "cocoon" existence from which I finally freed myself.
    Nevertheless I do appreciate your feedback in order for us to continue to receive sensitive reports from the Borg at elder schools and other intimate meetings and see for ourselves how the congregations are being manipulated by the WT for their own "protection" from would-be apostates.
    Fortunately for us today, we can now see forever as the day continues to be clear.....

:*) Richie

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Messenger: Very typical Elder School. I love the way they announce new procedures, like turning in time to BS Overseers. That procedure was introduced a couple of times when I was an Elder. Yet, each time they introduce it, it is as thought they are really 'streamlining' matters. LOL

I find the "15" miniute rule very new, and obviously very desparate to keep the Publisher count up.

You also noted, "It was mentioned this was the first time a book had been introduced a year in advance with out being actually being released. Heart be still."

The Society and its DOs and COs cannot even tell the truth about a book release. In the 1980s they released the revised "Organozation" book early, directly to the congregations, in advance of the Conventions. They said that was the first time they had ever made such an early release. Fascinating. And as you said, 'heart be still.' Thanks again for a great report. - Amazing

• mindfield
    mindfield

Congrats on a real nice job, messenger! I guess I now know some stuff even without going to the "Kingdumb Hall"! All by the grace of divine intervention... I feel sooo special.

"Conductor" to "Overseer" ... LOL. I wonder how that will translate in French... it'll probably sound even worse! Oh well...

• Seeker
    Seeker
    9. Judicial note: Signed confession can only be accepted if the elders are sure they came from the accused.

Wronged wife: "But he confessed to the adultery in writing! See, look at this!"

Good ol' boy elder who was fishin' buddies with her husband: "Hmmm...I dunno, sis...that sure doesn't look like his handwriting to me. Can't accept it, sorry."

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks, Messenger, for that enlightenment of the surprisingly boring meetings that elders have to sit thru IN ADDITION to all the other boring meetings all JWs have to attend.

Your suggestion to feign illness and stay in & watch movies all day was good.

Cheers!

Pat

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, messenger, for that excellent synopsis.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    3. New procedure: Congregation Book Study Conductors will no longer be referred to as such. They are now called Congregation Book Study Overseers. The assistants will have no title but instead be called assistants to the CBSO. Every two months the CBSO will allow his assistant to conduct in his presence to train him how to conduct a book study.

Does anyone else find this hysterical? Straight out of Dilbert.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Messenger,
    Thanks from me too.

I was just thinking of how so many of us have wondered about these secret meetings and schools because of how they act like it is such a privilege and so mysterious.

This is always how it ends up, much ado about nothing!

I remember after all those years wondering, finally going to pioneer school and feeling let down.
    The secret book said nothing and I felt like a slave every night doing all that study after sitting all day.
    It could have been so much more informative and enjoyable.

For those of us who have read Crisis Of Conscience, we found out it’s the same way with the mysterious GB meetings.

The deep spirituality and spirit direction is painfully absent.

It’s all about politics and power and control.

God is nowhere to be found in all of this.

Amazing,

“BS Overseers”
    How funny and fitting.

Ranchette

• Moxy
    Moxy

i should just like to mention again, in case im missing something, that there is NOTHING NEW in the points on judicial procedures. these are strictly reminders. one might speculate that the need for reminders was due to a laxness among the elders themselves. but for those who are focused on policy rather than practice, nothing has changed here.

mox

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Tina,
    Once again, you mirror my thoughts exactly! regarding the the policy of (not) dealing with child abuse. Not condemning a parent for turning in a fellow cult member for molesting or even allegedly molesting their child speaks volumes that they even have to word it that way, in the first place. Then, just take the law of the land (at least from where I sit): when you are in a public trust (and the society has PLACED THEMSELVES RIGHT THERE--in charge of everyone's life), you MUST REPORT SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE. IT IS THE LAW. Not condemning a parent for turning in someone who's raped their child does not constitute in the remotest manner, protecting children.
    They stand condemned by the law of the land, and before their god, to answer for the injustices that have been and will continue to be perpetrated against children and innocent souls. Until they answer, they will know no peace.

Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit