I totally relate to your name.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• iceguy
    iceguy

Welcome...thanks for your story.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You must feel like a great weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Just you wait until you find out how much disposable income you have, now that you have gotten yourself rid of that albatross.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/48/messages/787.html

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    I've never felt more happy and free as now and are even in love again but will take it very slow. I'm still young and hope I've many happy years in front of me

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. You and I are the same age and the statement quoted above gives me hope as well. I'm so happy for you and you have a lot of freedom and life ahead of you. So many of us enjoy reading other stories and experiences because it offers valuable encouragement to everyone.

Another point you made stuck out with me, the one about other people being smart enough to realize this is a cult. I struggled with that for years and that had kept me in because there really are many intelligent jw that you think this must be the truth, how could they be fooled (my parents included)? But I realize that it has not so much to do with being smart or dumb, but it's much more complex and deals with emotionality, the unknown, life experiences, etc.

Congrats again on your exit, I'm working on finding my way out to. Looking forward to your posts.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Welcome, Newborn!

Much Love

Rob

• milligal
    milligal

Welcome and thank you for sharing. I hope you find acceptance here as so many others (myself included) have gone through similar situations. Best wishes.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Welcome Newborn

....I've never felt more happy and free as now and are even in love again but will take it very slow. I'm still young and hope I've many happy years in front of me.

So glad you're getting out of this 'hogwash'. You can now live the real life.

xxx SC

• sparrow
    sparrow

hiya newborn. I'm 34 also and felt guilty my whole life too. I was eventually DF'd and managed to find out the truth about the truth while I was out and it was the best thing ever. Things will start looking up you'll see...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit