by snowbird 21 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm in the Free2think Fan club

As my grandson used to say, "her is p'etty."

Sylvia

• free2think
    free2think

Aww thank you Sylvia and WA i'm so touched. You guys are both awesome.

I just feel honoured that i have had the privilege to get to know you.

• changeling
    changeling

Here's how I feel about someone hurting Sylvia's feelings:

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

A few months ago JK666 started a thread calling me a sexual predator.

It was promptly removed by a mod.

When he was drunk the other night he said I was a loser in one of his posts.

He mentioned the current situation of a good friend that I care for very much in an attempt to hurt me.

I guess he didn't realize that he was exploiting that person's situation to get at me, but really only was hurting that individual.

He also said I had been drinking even more than him lately.

LOL!

Not true.

He then proceeded to make fun of what I do for a living.

He went back and removed his post a few hours later.

I'm assuming he sobered up.

So, Sylvia, in answer to your question, some people try to hurt our feelings.

They deserve our pity because their own feelings of worthlessness and self-loathing are probably fueling their anger.

If you know who you are, and love yourself, imperfections and all, you can't be touched by their toxicity.

Keep smiling.

• oompa
    oompa

most here have been hurt enough by wt.....so we should all try really hard not to pile on.....i have been hurt a bit, but only because I can just let some stuff roll off....if it happens to you... remember you can always just CONSIDER THE SOURCE!.....................oompa

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I write for a living, and even so, I still have to check my posts to make sure they don't come across the wrong way. Sometimes it is very difficult to make a point in writing, because the reader can't see your facial expression or hear your tone of voice. My feelings got hurt once on JWD, but it was no big deal. I really think it was a case of mistaken comprehension on my part. Sometimes when I'm giving someone my opinion on a jw related issue, I have caught myself writing things that could be hurtful, when really my irritation lies with the WTB&TS and not the poor soul who is seeking advice or comfort. Hopefully, I caught all of those during a read through before posting, but if not, and I've hurt someone's feelings, I am very sorry.

I'm certain that there are a few on this board who post things that are intentionally hurtful, but you know, there's got to be at least a few a**holes in a crowd.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let's all make a pact to be mindful of how we come across to others.

Okay?

With a loving heart and peaceful thoughts toward all.

Sylvia

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

-- endeavoring to do so, after encountering other's ignorance, i see myself in a different mirror :)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Next time JK665 pisses you off tell him you're going to borrow treadn's woodchipper.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I've never been hurt by anyone on the forum, I might disagree with them or even think for a split second, what an @ss but then it's gone. People can only hurt you, if you let them. I try to always remember that. Not to say I've never found a post annoying, but then I just take a coffee break or go outside and forget about it.

I'm a pretty "tell it like it is" from my viewpoint person, and I am sure at times, that's probably annoyed other posters, but its never meant with malice towards anyone. If I disagree, I say so, but it is never an attack on a person. And I would hope that no one would ever take it that way. If someone would say something rather pointed at me, like NVR mentioned, I would like him, feel sorry for them, that they feel the need to do it.

Ironically, I was watching A&E last night, the show Criminal MInds, and one of the last lines in it, was that the tormented often become the tormented, I chuckled to myself and thought, how apt that was for some of us ex-jws' at different stages. You can become offensive after years of being defensive. Just let it roll off your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit