Grass anyone?

by Quirky1 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The title may have lured you here but since it is summertime I am just curious how many people here have yards they have to take care of? If so, how big of a yard do you have? What do you use to mow your yard? Do you enjoy mowing or hate it. I myself rather enjoy mowing. It gives me that time to think and yeah, it's a guy thing, drink and drive.

Just to add I mow a little over an acre and I use a zero turn.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

the reason you mow your lawn is because you long to live in paradise forever

:chuckle:

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I only have a small patch myself but love mowing it, i'm away in my own world.

Paul

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie
    It gives me that time to think and yeah, it's a guy thing, drink and drive.

That reminds me of a neighbor I used to have. He had a riding lawn mower and would take a cooler with him when he mowed. He drank beer after beer after beer. The more he drank, the worse his mowing became.

Anyway, one day I heard "Yeehaws!" and "Whoooop!" coming from his place. He had driven his mower into the street and was driving it all around and waving his ball cap in the air.

He passed by one woman's place. She was out weeding her flower beds. He yelled; "Hey baby! Show me yer tits!"

Soon after, the cops were called. By who, I'm not sure. They would have just let him off if he had gone back home and called it a day, but he got lippy with them and splashed beer on one of them so they ran him in.

Well, I thought it was amusing at the time.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't think Quirky thought it was funny though... now he has a criminal record....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The title may have lured you here but since it is summertime I am just curious how many people here have yards they have to take care of? If so, how big of a yard do you have? What do you use to mow your yard? Do you enjoy mowing or hate it. I myself rather enjoy mowing. It gives me that time to think and yeah, it's a guy thing, drink and drive.

I've got about an acre-ish cleared out of 3. Cleared it in May and left a few of the larger trees, a lot of Sabal Palm, Live Oak, and Cypress. It still is not too grown. However the land has not been graded yet so it is a very rough mow. I have a 1987 snapper LT16 with a 36" cut. I really want a ZTR, but I am waiting to grade the place, I don't want to buy a nice new machine and tear it up. I love to mow my lawn and work out there. It is therapeutic and a cold Corona afterwards tastes soooo good.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

ROFL!

• sacolton
    sacolton

We pay a crew to come mow our lawn. $35 total.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I have about 10 acres inside the fence. I mow what would be a city sized lot around the house.

We turn 3 horses out....one of them is a good edger. With gas at $3.80+ it's good business to feed the horses for free and cut the mowing down to every other week Much cheaper to pick up some poop than mow now days.

Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    We turn 3 horses out....one of them is a good edger. With gas at $3.80+ it's good business to feed the horses for free and cut the mowing down to every other week Much cheaper to pick up some poop than mow now days.

Goats are the best. Once I get the fence up I am getting some of the Nigerian Dwarf goats to take care of the back.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit