can a disfellowshipped person get rides to the meeting?

by Solace1998 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah

Undercover,

The beating will continue until the morale improves.

They have such a double standard on sexual "crimes" The men just can't help themselves because we all know that women are sirens, and men are so weak. Paaaleeeeeze! The men get off with a slap on the wrist (or a pat on the back). Women are demonized.

Like the Waterboy's Mama said, "Girls are the devil!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Jesus would have given you a ride, if he had one, and he would have walked and talked with you if he didn't.

"By their (lack of) love, you shall know them."

One of the best comments ever.

• minimus
    minimus

When you are disfellowshipped, they want you to feel like sh*t. That is their goal, to make you grovel and beg.

However, if you were disfellowshipped and living at home, you could take a ride with your family! How dumb are these rules???

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

they have been more strict with the dis fellowshipping recently. it used to be that if you saw a df'd person on the side of the road you would give him help. but now, i know people who got in trouble for buying groceries for a person in poor health who was df.

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't become a witness!!!! I would just be asking to have my a$$ booted out of the KH. Really! I would've marched right up to the podium, bent over and said, "Go for it! I want a permanent shoe print on my behind!" I would've deliberately done things just to piss the brass off. What gets me is they are always quoting, "By their love you shall know them." OnTheWayOut, you quoted it just right.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

A wile back when I was active I was going to the meeting I notice there was a family of JW on the side of the road, their car broke down. One was DFed and he did not want to get in my car, I said to him that if I could not give him a ride I was a poor excuse of a christian, he got in.

A other time at funeral of a 'sister' who's son was DF the son and the father was standing in front and everybody would shake the hand of the husband who was not DF and of course they would ignore the DF son, me and my wife gave him a big hug, we got a lot of stares for that.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"and of course they would ignore the DF son"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i mean, they didnt have to give him a big hug (kudos to you tho) but a handshake and an "im sorry" would have been the LEAST they can do.

are you around montreal?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    are you around montreal?

I live about 45minuts south of Montreal.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

im familar with the south shore of montreal, brossard and greenfield park. nice area. bad memories.

• Purza
    Purza

Hell, my mother couldn't even save a seat for me in the KH when I was DF'd -- I am sure there was no way they would have given me a ride.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit