JWs - the Next Generation

by Olin Moyles Ghost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can tell from what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is putting out. They are banging on the podiums because of the number of witlesses that are not doing exactly as they are "supposed" to. With all the articles in the washtowels and asleeps about putting aside entertainment and education, and getting out more in field circus, it is blatantly obvious that they are reacting to this trend by clamping down.

It wouldn't surprise me if, in the very near future, they start coming down hard on parents that do not know every album or CD their children listen to, what is on their MP3 players and computers (if they are allowed computers at all), and every little thing they are doing at all times. Or, perhaps just taking away all their time by making them do field circus all the time.

• worf
    worf

Olin Moyles Ghost,

I appreciate your information here but the actions and attitudes you describe are not unique to the peer group you are talking about.

I was "born in", in1961 and when my generation of JWS were teenagers and in our early 20's during the 1970's Disco era, and early 1980's, here are some the things we did on a regular basis:

Gatherings and parties every weekend at someone's house or at some rented out space such the Restoration Center in Brooklyn. We also rented out discos such as "Bentley's" and "Le CoCo ", in Manhattan NY for witness parties and western theme parties where we drank liquor regularly. We also had plenty of food at these events.

We had T-shirt theme parties at a gym in Manhattanville, in Harlem NY where all kinds of music was played including songs like "Supersperm", "In The Bush", and "Get Off" all of these being dance songs about sex. And believe me, many of us gyrated to those songs as we were "doing it" right there on the dance floor.

The youth of my generation also regularly organized trips to Dude Ranches and on one particular trip in 1981, there was drunkeness and so-called "immorality" which occurred. In fact one "brother" was found in a drunken stupor in only his underwear outside of a room the morning after our "witness only" big party in the biggest room of this Dude Ranch which was called Hidden Valley Dude Ranch.

I could go on and on about the things my generation of young JWs did and enjoyed on a regular basis, and got away with, including rated R movies, music etc. etc. etc.

Of course, the Watchtower Society tried to clamp down on us through the literature, and the elders and CO's, and some of us were "disciplined" if we were caught. But they really couldn't stop it, and a lot of us got away with a lot of the things we just liked to do.

I like the information you present about your peer group, but it is not unique to your peer group.

Worf

• worf
    worf

Additionally,

The generation I commented about above included regular pioneers, ministerial servants, and so-called exemplary publishers, and some married couples who were a few years older than us.

Worf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit