Solace 1998, what gives?

by dawg 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

I keep on hearing you repeat that people here are "hate driven"... I don't agree... when a person realizes that they've been duped by men, and that's all the GB and the FADS are, just men.... it hurts. But I don't see very many people here as hate driven.

Then you started a post that accused us of being hate filled, you gave no examples that I could see, but you later stated that you were going to research the truth on your own... have you done that in the last two days, because I'm pretty sure your post was two days ago? I find it hard to believe that you've researched all you need to research in such a short time.

Do you think it's possible that you are hearing the real truth for the first time and you're finding it "hate filled" because it's not what you want to hear. Not to mention, you came on this site guns blazing and folks fired back... do you consider that hate filled.

I wish you the best in your journey, but I'll lay a bet you'll be just as fired up as the rest of us when you finally take the time, research this cult on you on, find out the truth, lose your family, and then see how happy you are.. but I still don't think you'll be hate filled, you'll be pissed like the rest of us, but hate? No, I don't think so.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

In my case when i first started posting here i viewed every critical comment as judgemental in some way. This in turn made me defensive and want to lash out. When you're surrounded my people in the org who are judgemental it is hard to realise that some here are not hate filled but merely expressing an opinion.

Paul

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks Paul... I didn't realize that another thread went on so long on this same subject, haven't been on here for days... Sorry guys.

I like this blasty person, they say..."wow, what a special thread heh.

Solace, you seem like the type of person that needs to be "handled with care". It's ok to be that way, but on the internet, people tend to be abrasive, and letting yourself get upset about it, or lashing out because someone on the internet was less then nice to you....well it's a never ending battle.

My best advice to you, is avoid cat and mouse games like this thread. Your basically saying the same thing to the people in this thread, that they are saying to you. It's really a never ending argument, because technically everyone, including you, is right, from a certain viewpoint.

I really don't think anyone could do anything on this board to make you happy in your current emotionally distraught state. I think a full thread of "I'm sorry solace" wouldn't make you happy".

I think this subject has been covered... but I keep on seeing how solace say how hate filled we all are... didn't know another thread went on for 108 posts... sorry

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have lost count of the number of times I have heard the term "hate what is bad" from the platform at the Kingdumb Hell or at the a$$emblies, or seen them in a washtowel or asleep magazine. It is obvious that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is telling people to hate what is bad.

Now that most of us are no longer in, we see what is bad in a different light. And each of us has different morals, since the Prime Moral Law has been so obscured by so many different political and religious agendas that few people instinctively abide by the basic core moral principles. However, hating what is bad is in fact one thing most people instinctively do.

And one thing that is bad is intentionally ruining people's lives, getting people to give up things on false premises, and threatening people with death unless they obey the organization. Most of us on this board realize that Jehovah's Witlesses do these things. They tell people that normal things are bad (like holidays, normal courtship, education, etc.). They also tell people not to use independent sources to cross-reference the validity of the organization. Rather, they want people to be deceived by what is blatantly immoral. Wasting time and energy putting out wastes of paper, putting out crap books that are effectively remixes of older books, and telling people to throw away perfectly good items only to have them need them later are all wasteful and immoral (bad for society).

Additionally, most of us have had bad experiences that are unique. All too many have been physically or sexually abused while we were children. We all suffered as we had to shun worldly people to a degree, children taking the worst of it. Children have been made to sit still for hours at a time three times a week (and sometimes past their bedtime) listening to boring talks. Many get beatings regularly for not sitting still. And there are the lies, broken promises, and ridiculous counsel that we all have had for stupid things.

Any rational person would agree that all these things are bad. They are bad for the person receiving the abuse or the false promise. As the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger repeatedly tells us to hate what is bad, and these things are unequivocably bad, most of us should in fact be moved by hate for these actions.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

i have been researching every day, and i have a long way to go, im sure... Im still trying to find scans of watchtowers around the period of 1965-75....

i never asked for an apology, and i dont want one. I dont know any of you.

I dont think people here are getting the point - i came on here with questions - and sometimes i would doubt what is being said, i would question it - and get accused of being "sick" and "defending the watchtower" and people suggesting i get a job at the writing department?

then i mention some of my good experiences -- and people get on me about that...

this kind of hatred is clouding the real message here, which "seems" to be one of finding out the truth of the matter of what the JWs are and what they represent.

"it is hard to realise that some here are not hate filled but merely expressing an opinion."

so, expressing opinions is an excuse for name calling, accusatory statements, and mocking? See, thats the problem. All I was doing was expressing my opinion. And it was received with "you're an idiot" -- perhaps you should look at just a few of the quotes i reaped from the various threads -- and im not even talking on the ones that i was a bit fiery on - the ironic thing was, those posts actually lead to some constructive discussion -- its when i question the criticisms here, and mention my good experiences, that is when i am met with this hate-filled message. You can just believe me right here and now, or you can have the tedious task of searching through my posts...

"but I keep on seeing how solace say how hate filled we all are"

dawg, if you want to lump yourself in with that group, fine. I thought you were pretty cool ;) However, if you read my posts, i am not generalizing this whole site. At all. Just a select group who seem to think this board is a place to vent their frustration and anger at the WTS @ people who are simply trying to find the answers. And i dont know, i havent been here long, maybe that IS what this board is for. Its not my place to tell you all how to act. But i will mention what i have observed in my short time of being here.

And no offense, but you have no idea what i have ALREADY lost because of my being put out of this organization, and the sequence of events before and after.

I have gone over this over, and over, and over again.

Does anyone see the criticisms i have? The threads ive made on that? What about that scanned document i uploaded that no one else seemed to have, from a group of elders in ontario? What about the thread i made with a little snippet of my music? The email i posted? The elder with the myspace? Do you really think im on here just to be contrary? I came on here to be REAL. You cannot deny the good things in a situation simply because of the bad things. They both exist in this case.

By questioning, we learn. Well, its how i learn at least.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks Dawg for posting this......

I was thinking of doing the same myself....

Solace... just remember if you defend the org people will jump over you for that... we have suffered much at the hands of this org and many of us no longer even believe in religion. You are free to express yourself, but remember that others are also. You can find good in just about anything if you look for it...

For example, suicide bombers are probably pretty nice people before they blow themselves and others up... if you saw... I had a great time with "Aiblu Meup" the night before, we had some drinks, what a great guy... people will think you are crazy. That doesn't make right that he blows himself up. The same goes for the org. You may have had a good time in service, at assemblies, and thought you had friendships, but when you realize that the org is just a fantasy, and a dangerous one at that, you will criticize anyone that remembers the good times and forgets that it was all a lie.

A@G

• Layla33
    Layla33
    but on the internet, people tend to be abrasive, and letting yourself get upset about it, or lashing out because someone on the internet was less then nice to you....well it's a never ending battle.

I just want to underscore this point. Try to detach from your emotions a bit, people debate, sometimes they let out a little steam online, but don't let it get to you. Figure out what you are trying to accomplish and then don't try to get it all from the internet. Realize the realm and see it for what it is...

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

you say this as if i havent suffered.

somehow i seem to maintain my objectivity?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dawg..If you read any of Solaces posts..You`ll see he can hold 2 opposing ideas at the same time..Or..Just makes it up as he goes along....He also loves to whine...Read Purps American Indian Tract thread..Solace and I had a discussion there..You`ll get the idea.............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Solace- If you want to ask a question expect an opinionated answer. I've noticed you tend to start an argument with everyone. I have ignored threads because I'll listen but I'm not here to argue. I'm with Dawg on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit