Just when you think you are getting better...

by Princess Daisy Boo 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Been out since the late 70's , and until a few years ago , I'm finally over it. Hang in there!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Suddenly I had a meltdown

Very sorry to hear it, but it is perfectly understandable.

I went several times at the invitation of a workmate to a group of ladies that discuss Bible topics as they relate to life. They are nice ladies, but it took so much out of me the few times I went that I don't think I can go back.

I am lonely, and it is a big adjustment to no friends when I (thought) had so many.

Anyway, hope you feel better now.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks for all the responses friends - I am a lot better today.

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

I am right with you on this, my wife goes to small country church,these are the most nice, nonjudging people you will ever meet,I have long hair and they dont treat me different,but it is hard to walk in there .

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

PDP

My friend and I were chatting about Ewan's comment and whether or not we should be taking the kids to sunday school and she asked why I have this aversion to church. I started explaining things to her. I told her about going to meetings three times a week and going on FS and what the meetings were like and what my parents were like and so on. I tried to explain away my issues with "God" and why I dont even know whether I believe in Him. I told her that it is a mind control cult and it's members are brainwashed and she was shocked - she said she always figured they were a bit loony but she never realised just how so. She said that from what I had told her, I should have been seeing a shrink to deal with these issues. She said that she thought I should be working through these things and not burying them.

Is sunday school very much a part of community life where you live?

I do see a shrink and we were discussing how JWs, with respect to their way of life, are like a very old fashoined community wherein if you don't observe certain activites then you are viewed with extreme suspicion and disquiet. Communites nowadays too seem to have conventions that they adhere to but not in an old fashioned way. Sometimes to become part of a new community (I have not acheived that yet but want to) their conventions can set off alarm bells. Having recognised this I feel more open to other people's conventions and community life and maybe take up a role in their way of life if I want to.

Does that make sense?

ql

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit